Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sea Urchin hat/Béret Oursin de mer

Français plus bas

So I thought I was going to be done with this one last night but I ran out of yarn, about 12 rows from the end. So annoying. So I ordered some more from Ariadne, I thought I'd have to wait until Wednesday to get it (I love the pick up option) but luckily their was a meeting today so I meet the lovely Miss MollyAnn downtown (after walking all over the place because I had forgotten that they'd move and I hadn't payed to close attention as to the location of the new meeting place). So as soon as I got home I wound the cakes and finished this puppy. But I'm changing the name, I'm calling it the Sea Urchin now, especially because of the back view. The only thing I don't like with it is the rib, I find that it doesn't go too well with the purl ridges. If I was to remake it, I'd use the K1 tbl, p1 rib or maybe a cabled rib. Here's a side view.

As for the socks, after ripping one row I simply cut off the cuffs I was working on and started over. This 8 of the 13 rows for the cuffs.

Finally I couldn't resist, I ordered the Cables untangled book and Knitting to go. I decided to go for the free delivery (the last time I got my book withing the same week of ordering it) so I expect it either Thursday of Friday. Thanks to the discounts I got on both books, I payed less then I would have for the cable book.



Je croyais que j'allais terminer le beret hier soir mais j'ai manqué de laine. Une petite commande et une course au travers du Centre-Ville pour trouver MollyAnn afin de recueillir le précieux écheveau, je l'ai terminé sitôt que j'ai pu le passer dans le bobinoir. Cependant, je ne l'appellerai le Rachel, ce sera l'oursin maintenant, surtout à cause de la vue arrière. Une chose cependant, je n'aime pas la côte, s'il faut que je le refasse, j'utiliserais une autre qui combine une maille endroit fait dans l'endos de la maille suivit d'une maille envers ou encore j'opterais pour une côte à torsade. En voici une vue de côté.

Quant aux chaussettes, j'ai finalement décidé de tout simplement couper l'ouvrage fait et de recommencer à zéro. Ici, 8 des treize rangée de bord.

Finalement, je n'ai pu résister, j'ai commandé en ligne le livre de torsades ainsi que la boîte de modèle. J'ai opté pour la livraison gratuite, la dernière fois que j'ai fait ça j'ai reçu ma commande dans la même semaine, peut-être jeudi ou vendredi. Grâce au rabais qu'ils offraient, les deux livres m'ont coûté mons chers que le livre de torsades seul.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home