Friday, January 12, 2007

On Happy accidents/Un heureux hasard

Français plus bas

Don't you love a happy accident? As I said in the previous post, the Fisherman's rib stitch was supposed to be the right side but after having done a few more rows, it's official, the purl side will be henceforth known as the right side meaning the hat is now worked with the now wrong side facing me. Vogue's Stitchenary has a pretty close version called a ridge stitch but it is worked differently then this one. Now I'm pretty close to starting the decrease and I can't decide if I'm going to do a K2tog or SSK decrease wich will result in a spiral or if I do them both on each side or a knit stictch. Humm...

Speaking of knit books, their's a whole new crop out there now, my favorite book title has to be Men with balls, the patterns are actually nice. I've found my next splurge: Cables untangled. It has knitting projects and an excellent cable stitch compendium. If I ever knit my "dream" sweater, I'll surely be looking into this. I've also found a knitting projects box called Knit to go. It has about 20 patterns on 4 inch by 4 inch folding cards, the concept being you'd just grab the pattern you want rather than a whole book, and the cards wouldn't take too much room in a knitting bag. All you need to make the projects are your needles and yarn. I wouldn't mind receiving it as a gift even though the patterns are so simple I could make them just by looking at the pictures. The projects are varied (pullovers, mitts, hats etc) and they are for men, women and kids. The only stitches used are the stockinette, seed and rib stitches. I think it would be a great gift for a beginner too, nothing too complicated even if it has a cardi done on one long circ (that one has the highest rating of difficulty but still, it's no biggie). I hope they come up with another Knit to go with more advanced patterns, a cable hook doesn't take too much room... Finally I've seen two books that have the same sexy knit concept: one called Sexy little knits and the other called Naughty Needles and I have to say, the latter is much more successful than the former. They both have knitted sexy underthings, NN is more Bettie Page whereas SLK is more Pussycat Dolls with some American Apparel thrown in. I also like the way NN uses models with real bodies (even the slimmer girls are realistic), I think a punkette would probaly like this book. My favorite pattern has to be the vibrating pillow...

As for the socks, them are tiny sticthes. I somehow managed to have 5 rows on one half of each cuff and 3 on the other so I have to fix it. No I will not rip it, that first row is a killer.

Des fois, sans se rendre compte on finit par créer quelque chose de très bien en faisant toute sorte de détours. Ceci était supposé être l'endroit mais après quelques rangées il maintenant évident que le côté envers sera l'endroit (mêlée? pas moi). Il y a une version de ce point dans le Stitchenary de Vogue Knitting mais il n'est pas fait de la même façon. Maintenant je suis sur le point de faire les diminutions, je dois décider de la façon de faire, j'ai quand quelques idées.

Parlant de livres de tricot, Dieu qu'il y en a cette saison. J'ai trouvé ma prochaine folie, Cables untangled. Ce livres contient des projets pour des items avec des torsades en plus en proposer plusieurs sortes de points de torsades. Si jamais je fait mon tricot de rêve, je l'utiliserais sûrement. J'ai aussi trouvé une "boîte de recettes" contenants des projets de tricot, le principe etant que les cartes sont beaucoup plus légères et prennent moins de place que tout un livre. Un cadeau idéal pour le débutant, les projets, même celui qui à la plus haute cote de difficulté, ne sont pas si difficile, les seuls points utilisés sont le point de riz et le point le jersey endroit ou envers aisi que de simples côtes. Des aiguilles, du fil de tricot et une carte et vous êtes près à tricoter. J'espère qu'ils en feront une version avec des idées plus exigeantes, un crochet à torsade ne prend pas trop de place...Finalement, j'ai aussi trouvé deux livres dont les projets sont très sexy: Naughty Needles (les Aiguilles coquines) et Sexy little knits (Petits tricots sexy). Je trouve que le premier (qui a sûrement été inspiré par la pin-up Bettie Page) est nettement plus réusst que le second (plus du genre Pussycat Dolls). J'aime bien le coussin vibromassante...

Une mot sur les chaussettes: je ne sais pas comment j'ai fait mais je me retrouve avec chacune dont la moitié a présentement cinq rangées et l'autre moitié en a trois. Je préfère déméler tout ça plutôt que de recommencer à zéro, il me faudrait des lunettes d'approche chirurgicales pour travailler la première rangée...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home