Sunday, December 31, 2006

On the town/Sortir à Mtl

Français plus bas

So Carrie, Samantha and I Miranda went out last night, no wait, actually it was my friends Annie and Isabelle and I who hit the town. First we had a carnivorous meal at a downtown restaurant (we were regaled the other diners with the sort of details of our personal lives they sure didn't need to know) and then we bar hopped, first on Crescent St and upon realizing that we brought up the age average by about 5 years in that place, we then retreated to our usual haunt, Jello bar. Seriously, maybe it was the fact that I turned 30 this year but I'm really noticing the age difference when I go out but we have no idea where to go now, the Jello is a mere shadow of it's former self. Were do single, 30+ chicks who have careers and aren't looking for may-december romances go out in this city for dancing and hopefully finding Mr Potential? But at least I got hit on by a drunken skinny female blonde, spoke to an inebriated hepcat Asian dude who wanted Annie, and I saw Walter, a guy I had a date with a couple of years ago and then immediately decided that I didn't want and thanks to whom I now know that I prefer to not have to crane my neck to look in a man's eyes. But my favorite part of the evening, just before the girls and I decided that our beds were calling, I saw another date of mine do everything in his power to ignore me. Not in a subtle way, I mean his body language really said Girl, I'm doing my best to not see you even if I'm standing right in front of you. He was one of those great dates that for some reason just evaporated into thin air for reasons I stopped trying to sort out a long time ago. Funny thing was that his current chick could pass for my body double. Seriously, we have to find new places in this city to go out.

Vendredi soir, Carrie, Samantha et moi Miranda sommes sorties en ville. OK, en fait il s'agissait de mes copines Annie et Isabelle et moi. Nous avons d'abord été dévorer de la viande dans un resto du centre-ville (en plus de régaler les convives des alentours des détails de nos vies) et ensuite nous avons fait la tournée des bars, d'abord sur la rue Crescent où nous avons fait monter la moyenne d'âge de 5 ans et ensuite nous nous sommes rabattues sur le Jello bar. Vraiment il n'est qu'une pâle copie de son passée et vraiment, il nous faut trouver un nouveau lieu où aller danser et boire à Montréal. Il semble qu'une fois la trentaine atteinte que la carrière est bien entamée, si on n'est pas déjà attachée il faudra se contenter d'un jeunot qu'il faudra former de A à Z. Au moins, j'ai été cruisée par une blonde maigrichonne, j'ai parlé à un asiatique saoûl qui voulait Annie, j'ai vu Walter, un gars avec qui je suis sortie une fois avant de décider que ça n'allait pas marcher (et grâce à qui je me suis rendu compte que je préfère ne pas avoir à pencher vers l'arrière pour regarder mon mec dans les yeux). Cependant, le clou de la soirée fut Stéphane. Dire que j'ai manqué une soirée tricot cet automne pour un rendez-vous galant avec lui. Ce fut une si bonne sortie qu'on s'était donné un autre rendez-vous et ensuite pouf, disparu dans la brume le monsieur. Je savais que je le reverrais au Jello et ce fut finalement le cas, il y était avec ma sosie. Fallait le voir faire comme s'il ne me connaissait pas (nous avons été au Cégep ensemble) mais vraiment c'était un peu grossier. Vraiment, il nous faut trouver un nouvel endroit en ville.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home