Monday, July 30, 2012

Running Hardware/Qunicaillerie de course



When I go for a run, this is the hardware I bring with me.

1. iPod Touch. Provides music of course and if need be, I use it's built in Nike program., it doesn't require GPS to track your pace and distance, once calibrated it will do it for you once it's linked with my...

2. Nike Sensor. I have two pairs of running shoes and each had it's own Sensor. I had to resynch the iPod every time I switched shoes which made me lose the calibration therefore making the reading while I'm running false. Finally I found this little pouch (4) that allowed me to take the sensor on and off easily.

3. Nike Sportsband. The IPod was great for a while but not convenient for getting live info so I got this. Before I got it my ability to run a 5K in 30 mins was inconsistent, with it was easy to keep track of my pace, and correct it whenever I slowed down.

5. Asics Gel Cumulus. I over pronate so it helps my feet land properly. I'm thinking of switching to minimal shoes but I'll wait until after my last race because it takes month to change one's foot strike.

My week in training: So 170 BPM turned out to be too high a number, my pathological need to follow the beat made me follow that beat LOL. In reality I'm at 165. I had been training to do the 5k in 23'40" and that also looking too ambitions for me to accomplish by September so I'm revising it to 25'00". What that mostly changes are the times for the tempo and interval training sessions.


Voici ce que j'amène avec moi lorsue je vais courir:

1. Mon iPod Touch. Pour la musique évidement mais aussi pour le programme Nike qui ne requiert pas de GPS pour connaître la cadence et distance de course une fois calibré avec...

2. Le senseur Nike. J'ai deux paires de souliers de course et chacune avait son Sensor. Malheureusement je devais refaire la synchro avec mon iPod à chaque fois que je changeais de soulier ce qui défaisait la calibration ce qui rendait inutile l'utilisation du iPod. Finalement j'ai trouvé cette petite pochette (4) qui me permet de facilement transférer la puce d'un soulier à l'autre.

3. Nike Sportsband. Le iPod m'a été utile pour les courses mais pas pratique pour avoir l'info dont j'avais besoin en temps réel. Avant d'avoir le Sportsband ma capacité de courir un 5 km en 30 mins était aléatoire, avec lui je peux facilement corriger ma vitesse pour l'accomplir.
5. Asics Gel Cumulus. Je fais de la pronation excessive et ces souliers aident à corriger ce défaut. Je veux éventuellement changer de soulier et adopter une version minimaliste mais je dois attendre après ma dernière course car je devrai changer ma façon de courir et ceci prend des mois à accomplir.

Ma semaine d'entraînement: Finalement, 170 BPM est une cadence trop rapide pour moi, j'ai été déjoué par mon besoin pathologique de suivre le rythme MDR. En fait, je cours à une cadence de 165 BPM. Je m'entraînait avec l'intention de courir le 5k en 23min 40s mais je me rend compte que c'est trop ambitieux comme projet et donc j'ai revisé mon but à 25min. Ce que ça change pour l'entraînement est mon entraînement d'intervalles et les courses tempo.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Jo~ said...

D you mind sharing how much the Nike sportsband!? I can't seem to navigate the Nike website and find that kind of info.

I SO love reading your journey into running, you are sharing great tips! :)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Karine said...

Hi! I'm not sure I understant your question. If you mean cost, it was about 80$C.

12:19 AM  
Blogger ~Jo~ said...

That's exactly what I meant. Sorry I made it so confusing of a question. LOL!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home