Friday, July 20, 2012

Morse


This is what active procrastination looks like. In the time it took to make these bracelets, I could have emptied my dishwasher or dryer, make my bed, clean up my bedroom etc. These were inspired by some Morse code jewellery I've seen, the first one on the left on my first initial, K. I made the middle two for my sis, the brown and beige one has her initial and that of her kids (J, K, A), the black and red is her initial (J). Finally the small one on the right is for my niece, that's the shorthand my sister and I use when talking about her via text message (K2). The tiny gold crimps serve a dual purpose, they hide the knot in the elastic cord and they mark of the beginning and end of the series of beads.

Voici ce à quoi ressemble la procrastination active. Dans le même temps que cela m'a pris pour faire ces bracelets, j'aurais eu le temps de vider mon lave-vaisselle et ma sécheuse, faire mon lit et nettoyer ma chambre etc. Ceux-ci m'ont été inspiré par des bijoux basés sur le code Morse que j'ai vu. Le premier à gauche est ma première initiale, K. Le second contient les initiales de ma sœur et ses enfants, J, K, A. Le troisième est celle de ma sœur, J. Finalement le dernier est pour ma nièce, il contient le code que ma sœur et moi utilisons lorsque nous parlons d'elle par message texte, K2. Les minuscules billes dorées sont en fait des cache-arrêt de fil et ici ont une font de plus, ils marquent le début et la fin de la séries de billes.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Jo~ said...

Very neat!!! I had seen this idea for a morse code bracelet in a bead shop in Ottawa. It was done in seed beads but I really like how you used bigger beads! I like the 'secret code' idea, my kids would be all over that. ;)

7:25 PM  
Blogger MDubya said...

What a cool idea! I'll have to try this as well. Not a big beader but I like the idea of having a secret message on my wrist...or giving someone a secret message.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous BetweenYouAndI said...

Adorably pretty! Wish I know how to make this.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home