Sunday, January 29, 2012

Shoe Rack/Support à Soulier



Instructions: Picture Rail Shoe Rack by/par Martha Stewart Living
Material/Matériel: L shaped molding/Moulure en L
Time required/Temps requis: About an hour/Environ une heure
Modifications: I used an L shaped moulding/J'ai utilisé une moulure en L

I have been on a home clean up tear lately, courtesy of me accidentally finding an online homekeeping guru who's methods seem to finally work for me. It could also be that, like an alcoholic who comes across an AA meeting when she's finally ready to quit, I have finally decided once and for all that a clean, well organized home is worth the time and effort required and found a resource to help me get there at the right moment.

All that cleaning seems to have triggered my other passion that was dormant for a minute: Home decor.  I've been spending time at that time suck that is Apartment Therapy where I came across this shoe rail project by Martha Stewart Living. And just in time too because I had just finished cleaning up my bedroom and had my shoes lined outside of my closet and I hated the way they looked but I had no room in the closet to store them. So, I ran to the reno store, got an 8 foot long moulding (couldn't find the picture rail moulding specified in the instructions), cut it to size, nailed it up and voilà! Once again I am so happy to have a well stocked tool box so I only spent 8$ on for this. I have room for one more pair of shoes  that I could hang on the wall and after that, I'll have to be willing to part with a pair I currently own if I want to get a new one.


Je suis devenue une maniaque des tâches domestiques depuis qui je suis tombée par hasard sur une gourou du ménage dont les méthodes semblent fonctionner pour moi. Soi ça ou telle une alcolo qui serait tombée sur une rencontre des AA au moment qu'elle se serait décidé de d'arrêter de boire, j'ai peut-être enfin compris qu'une maison bien maintenue vaut bien l'effort requis et j'ai trouvé la bonne ressource au bon moment.

Ceci étant dit, tout ce frottage au torchon semble avoir réveillé une passion qui s'était assoupie: la déco. Ce qui veut dire que j'ai perdu pas mal de temps chez Apartment Therapy où j'ai trouvé ce projet par Martha Stewart Living. Et c'était vraiment une trouvaille opportune car je venais de mettre de l'ordre dans ma chambre et voulait remettre mes souliers dans ma garder-robe. J'ai donc été faire un tour au centre de rénovation et y ai acheté une moulure en L longue de 8 pieds (je n'ai pu trouver la moulure spécifiée dans les instructions). Je les ai coupé en morceaux de 2 pieds, ai cloué les morceaux au mur et voilà! Une fois de plus je suis contente d'avoir un coffre à outil bien rempli, ce projet ne m'a couté que 8$. J'ai de la place pour accrocher une autre paire de soulier et après ça, je devrai me départir d'une paire que je possède si j'en ramène une autre à la maison.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer said...

Nah- don't get rid of shoes...add more "shelving" above or below! :D

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home