Thursday, December 29, 2011

Couverture d''Inspiration Hudson Bay Inspired Blanket



Yarn/Fil: Berroco Vintage 50% Acrylic/Acrylique, 40% Wool/Laine,10% Nylon
Time required/Temps requis:  A couple of months/Presque deux mois
Modifications: I made the blanket longer in order to be proportional to the unintentional added width/J'ai fait la couverture afin d'en garder les mensurations proportionnelles par rapport à la largeur

I had chosen another pattern, my second choice at that point, to make a baby blanket for my sister who had her baby yesterday. But as soon as I saw this on Purl Soho's blog I knew I'd make this one. And once I started making the stripes I immediately regretted having to give it away LOL. I loved making this, garter stitch all the way making this an ideal pattern for TV watching. My choice of colours wasn't as bright as the original but that's because the LYS didn't have a bright red so even though I stayed with the traditional colours of a Hudson Bay blanket, I chose earthy versions of them. As usual the blue doesn't show up accuretly but even looking at the blanket itself you'd probably mistake it for a black. I chose an off white for the background. 

I accidentely made this with a US 8 sized needle and that may have led to the blanket being 5" wider then the finished size indicated. So to keep it in the same proportions as the original's measurements, I made the middle white section 4" longer. Other then that, no change has been made to the instructions given. But with it being larger it's more an Afghan now so my guess is she'll be using this herself. Because this is a crib blanket I made it with an acrylic/wool mix yarn to  make it's washing easier for my sister who now has two kids. In any case, I have enough of the coloured yarn to make another one for myself, in fact I have an extra skein of white since I only needed five for this blanket.


J'avais choisi un autre modèle, mon second choix à ce moment-là, pour faire une couverte de bébé pour ma soeur qui a accouché hier. Mais aussitôt que j'ai vu ce modèle-ci sur le blog de Purl Soho j'ai su que j'allais le faire. Et une fois que j'ai commencé à en faire les rayures, j'ai regretté ne pas pouvoir le garder. J'ai adoré faire cette couverte, le fait qu'il soit entièrement travaillé au point mousse en faisait le projet idéal à faire en regardant la télé. Étant donné que mon magasin de tricot n'avait pas un rouge vif, j'en ai donc choisi une version atténuée et ai choisé le ton des autres couleurs en conséquence. Même en réel, le bleu paraît noir. J'ai aussi choisi un blanc cassé pour l'a couleur d'arrière-plan.

Sans faire exprès, j'ai utilisé une aiguille de 5mm, ce qui a peut-être donné comme résultat que la couverte est plus large de 12.5 cm par rapport à l'original. Pour en garder les proportions, j'ai fait la bande blanche du milieu plus longue de 10 cm. Mais on ne plus vraiment l'appeller une couverte de bébé, c'est plutôt une jettée maintenant. J'ai choisi de travailler avec un fil fait de mélange acrylique et laine afin d'en faciliter l'entretien par ma soeur qui a maintenant duex enfants. Il m'en reste assez de fil de couleur pour me faire une autre couverte, il me reste aussi un écheveau dans le blanc vu que je n'en ai eu besoin que de cinq.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Nicky said...

Beautiful!!!!!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Josée said...

C'est très jolie! Félicitations à toi et aussi à ta soeur! Bonne Année!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home