Friday, November 04, 2011

Bulky Cable Sock/Chaussette à Torsade en Grosse Laine



Pattern/Instructions: Created by me/Crées par moi-même
Yarn/Fil: Lamb's Pride Superwash Bulky
Time Required/Tems Requis: It lingered in my UFO pile for way too long/Il a trainé dans ma pile de truc à terminer pendant trop longtemps

According to my Ravelry page I started this last January, probably with the intent to keep my feet warm in the coldest months of the year. I ignored it for months when I finally grabbed it last September to finish it, I ran out of yarn just as I was about to do the last O cable on the second sock. Since my LYS was closed I had to find another source and luckily, I have a new LYS and it carried it. I figured that before I picked up my needles again I'd better finish these.

They were worked from the toe up and finished with a twisted rib and sown bind off. The heals were short rowed. 

Selon my page Ravelry, j'ai commencé ces chaussettes en janvier dernier, probablement pour garder mes pieds au chaud durant les mois les plus froides de l'année. Je l'ai ignoré pendant des mois et ensuite les ai reprises en Septembre dernier pour les terminer mais j'ai manqué de fil au moment de terminer la dernière torsade en O sur la seconde chaussette. Vu que mon magasin de tricot fermé ses portes j'ai du en trouver une autre source de fil de laine et heureusement j'en ai trouvé un autre qui vendait ce dont j'avais besoin. Je me suis dit qu'avant de prendre mes aiguilles pour commencer mon prochain projet je me devais de terminer celui-ci.

Je les ai travaillées en commançant des orteils et en les terminant avec une côte torse et un rabat cousu.



Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous toni in florida said...

Well worth the effort to finish! They look warm and comfortable. Love the color, too!

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Nicky said...

I love how boot-like it looks!!!! Are you going to post the pattern or is this one for sale.

Nicky (aka Neo from NP)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Karine said...

Hi Nicky, I didn't write a pattern for these. I actually could but I'm a size 9-10 in shoe size and it's pretty specific for my feet and calves.

11:57 AM  
Blogger The Original Wombman said...

So very cute!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Josee said...

Elles sont tres jolies et parraissent tres confortables. Ca me donne le gout de m'en faire une paire aussi! :)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Monique said...

I looove your socks!!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home