Saturday, June 25, 2011

Châle Mara Shawl





Pattern/Instruction: Mara Shawl
Yarn/Fil: Knit Picks Telemark in Rosemary
Time required/Temps requis: About a week/Environ une semaine
Modifications: More like a mistake, I forgot to do the yarn over edging /Plutôt une erreur: J'ai oublié de faire la finition du bord avec une jetée

I had no intention of doing another shawl anytime soon but I got some news a few weeks ago that I'd be off to a warriorette training in a couple of weeks and I do expect losing weight from stress and running around. I figured I'd skip any fitted item and just do this very simply shawl, as you can see it's simply a garter stitch with a ribbed edging. I wanted a stretchy bind off and I figured the sewn version would be tedious so I used the Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off technique. Not faster then the sewn version but more convenient. I don't know if it's because I forgot to do the YO edging but it ended up a square shaped and shaping it with a wet bloc only yielded a somewhat diamond shape. But once again grand-mère's adage, you don't make mistakes, you simply created a new design, applies here. It forms a shawl collar when I wrap it around me and with a pin or broach, it kinda turns into a poncho. I think this will be my most versatile item yet, with it's size it will also be a nice lap blanket. Another winner.

Je n'avais aucune intention de me faire une autre châle de sitôt mais on m'a annoncé que j'allais bientôt partir pour un entrainement de guerrière et je m'attend à ce que mon poids fasse le yoyo dû au stress et l'intense travail physique. J'ai donc opté pour ce simple projet que ne requiert pas mes mesures, fait au point mousse avec un bord côtelé. Pour le rabat des mailles, je ne voulais pas utiliser la technique cousue mais j'en voulais un qui soit quand même assez élastique et donc j'ai utilisé celle-ci. Pas plus rapide que la version cousue mais plus pratique. Je ne sais pas si c'est à cause du fait que j'ai oublié de faire les jetées au début et à la fin des rangées mais il avait une forme carré plutôt que triangulaire lorsque j'ai terminé et un blocage mouillé n'a fait que lui donné un forme vaguement losange. Mais encore une fois l'adage de ma grand-mère qui dit que l'on ne fait pas d'erreur mais qu'on créé un nouveau modèle, s'applique. La pointe supérieure forme une sorte de col en châle lorsque je le port et avec une broche ou épingle, il se transforme en poncho. Je crois que ce sera mon item le plus versatile: il est assez grand pour être une petite couverture pour les jambes. Un autre projet gagnant.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving the look! the shawl looks nice and cosy. What is warriorette training? Sounds grueling

11:31 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

I just finished my Mara too! I was working on a blog post yesterday and it should be up soon.

11:43 AM  
Blogger TSEIUQTIDELIUQIULECTSEC said...

Sobre, joli, féminin...J'aime...Bonjour chez vous!

2:11 AM  
Blogger HolisticLifeRN said...

that shawl is amazing! I wish I had the talent and patience for that

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Very pretty and great color choice.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home