Saturday, April 02, 2011

Puff Daddy's Grown Up Baby


Pattern/Patron: A combo of/Une combinaison de Puff Daddy's baby and/et Puff Mama

Yarn/Fil: Red Heart Chunky Comfort 400g skeins / Balles de 400g Red Heart Chunky Comfort

Time required/Temps requis: About a week/À peu près une semaine

Modifications: Knitted in the round and I added a liner before stuffing it / Tricoté en rond et j'y ai inséré une doublure avant de le remplir

It's about time that I got around to posting this project. It was a spur of the moment thing that I made earlier this year, technically this is my first FO of 2011. Knitted in the round, I started out with 16 sts and worked my way up to about 96. Then work evenly until I figured I had just enough yarn left to do the decreases and I stuffed it along the way. I made a simple liner using a grey jersey, I folded it lengthwise, then sewed along the oped side and bottom, turned the sac created inside out and then I put it inside the pouf. I stuffed with regular filler but I think that I may take it out and replace it with shredded foam filler instead, it may hold it's shape better. So there you go, my crazy spur of the moment project.

Bon, il est à peu près temps que je vous présente le premier projet que j'ai terminé cette année. Je me suis levée un bon matin et me suis dit bon, je le fais. Travaillant en rond, j'ai commencé avec 16 mailles, ai fait des augmentations jusqu'à ce que j'en aies 96. J'ai continué à travailler jusqu'à ce qu'il ne reste que juste assez de fil pour faire les diminutions et terminer le projet. J'ai fait un genre de doublure avec un tissu jersey gris que j'ai simplement plié sur la longueur et fait un couture le long du côté et au bas, et j'ai ensuite inséré le sac dans le pouf et l'ai rempli avec de rembourrage ordinaire. Je crois par contre que je vais changer le rembourrage par de la mousse déchiquetée, je pense que le pouf en gardera mieux sa forme. Et donc voilà, mon projet coup de tête.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Peacock Chic said...

oh I love it!! I want a puff daddy too! Your walls are pretty too.

Nothing like a spur of the moment project!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home