Sunday, February 06, 2011

Butterick B5454



Pattern/Patron: Butterick B5454
Fabric/Tissu: Tricot 100% polyester knit fabric
Modifications: I made an FBA and added a side dart on the top/J'ai fait un ajustement pour poitrine forte et rajouté une pince au haut de la robe

I've been wanting to do a wrap dress for a long time so when I saw this knit fabric at a 3m for 1 sale, I snapped it up for this purpose, I got the pattern at a previous and it was serendipity. I initially cut it in a size 10 from top to bottom because the hip measurement was well in excess of my own but as I suspected it was too small because they measured with the pleats unfolded. So I redid it this time making the hips at the size 14.

Anyhow, it was a quick project even if I had to do it twice. Before I recut the fabric I made a slight FBA that added a side dart. I assembled the pieces almost entirely with my overlock machine save for some topstitching that required my sewing machine. This dress has one downside: it shows every bump and roll so undergarment choice will be crucial. It's a bit shorter then I expected though, I would have preferred it being a couple inches longer.

Cela fait longtemps que je voulais faire une robe portefeuille et lorsque j'ai vu ce tissu
à la mercerie dans une vente de trois pour un, je l'ai aussitôt acheté pour ce projet, le patron avait été acheté précédemment. J'ai initialement coupé le tissu à la taille 10 étant donné que le les mensurations de la hanche excédait les miennes mais ça s'est avéré trop petit. J'ai donc recouper la robe en coupant la jupe à la taille 14 aux hanches.

Ce fut un autre projet rapide même si j'ai du le refaire une seconde fois. J'ai profité du fait que je devait recouper le tissu pour fairet un ajustement pour poitrine forte ce qui a rajouté une pince à la poitrine. J'ai complètement assemblé la robe avec ma machine à surjet sauf pour quelques surpiqures faites avec ma machine à coudre. Cette robe, ou plutôt ce tissu, a un défaut: il montre toutes les rondeurs et plis ci qui rendra crucial le choix de sous-vêtements. Je suis aussi étonnée par la longueur, j'aurais préféré que ce soit un pouce ou deux plus long.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Amina said...

bravo!!! la robe est tres belle et celle qui la porte aussi :)
tes locks evoluent bien!!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dress is lovely. A beautiful color. It fits you so well too. Great garment.

10:40 AM  
Blogger The Original Wombman said...

This one is so lovely. I love the color green and the fabric pattern as well as the dress pattern just really work. Great job. :)

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that fabric!! It looks great on you

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Nicole-Niki said...

Your dress is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!!!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home