Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nostepinne/Fuseau




Three weeks ago you would have said the word nostepinne to me and I'd have no idea what you're talking about. After reading about it and looking it up, I became obsessed it got this one on Etsy. I already have a mechanical ball winder but I liked the idea of the portability of this on top of being pretty. I just got it in the mail today, wound some leftover yarn I had lying around and I have to say I like it a lot. I think there's about 100 m of yarn in there and it took me less then 45 mins to wind but I think that my speed, and the resulting skein, will improve with practice. One thing is certain, the arm holding and turning this thing gets a workout.

Il y trois semaines, je ne savais qu'un tel truc existait. Après avoir fait des recherches sur ce que c'était j'en suis devenue obsédée et en ai acheté un sur Etsy.com. J'ai déjà une bobineuse mécanique mais j'aimais le fait que ceci était portable en plus d'être joli. Je l'ai reçu aujourd'hui et j'avais hâte de l'essayer donc j'ai embobiner du fil qu'il me restait d'un autre projet. Il doit bien y avoir une centaine de mètre environ et ça m'a pris moins de 45 mins à faire. Je crois bien que ma vitesse, et la balle qui en résultera, s'amélioreront avec de la pratique. Une chose est certaine, le bras qui tient le fuseau travaille très fort.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Amina said...

donc comment est-ce que tu l'utilises? je suis intriguee!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Karine said...

Il y a quelques variations mais essentiellement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNovkZdRl7M

11:14 PM  
Blogger The Original Wombman said...

It's beautiful! :) Such a useful tool.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

I've always wanted to try one of those but was afraid it wouldn't be user friendly. Yours is lovely!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home