Sunday, March 06, 2011

Knitting bag/Sac de tricot






On the hair board that I'm part of we have a pretty active craft section were some of us show off our creations. One member made a series of crocheted letter shaped pillows, I requested one for my niece and she promptly obliged. As a thank you, I dug into my stash and made her this knitting bag (with a wrapped cardboard bottom) and yarn pouch. This project reminded me how much I actually like making bags, they can be tricky to make and do require serious sewing skills if you're making one without a pattern. I'm particularly proud of this one, so much so I was a little sad to let it go.

Je fais partie d'un forum où l'on cause cheveux mais on y trouve aussi une section dédiée à l'artisanat. Un membre y avait montré une série de coussins en forme de lettres faits au crochets que j'ai adoré, je lui en ai demandé un pour ma nièce ce qu'elle a sitôt fait. Pour la remercier je lui ai fait ce sac pour ses travaux d'aiguilles (qui inclut une base en carton enveloppée de tissu) ainsi que cette petite poche à fil de laine. Ce projet m'a rappelé à quel point que j'aime faire des sacs, ils peuvent être un peu compliqués à faire et requièrent de sérieuses connaissances en coutures si l'on en fait un sans patron. Je suis vraiment fière de celui-ci et suis triste de m'en séparer.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Makeda Speaks said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful bag Kari! It is so skillfully made and gorgeous---you have mad skills! I've devoted two posts on my blog to talking about it and posting pics! Check out my stepdaughter getting in on the act. I'm helping her with the border stitching and sewing and we'll post a finished bag soon :-).

Thanks once again!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home