Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Écharpe Guernsey wrap



Pattern/Patron: Guernsey wrap by/de Jared Flood
Yarn/Fil: Cascade 220 Wool Heathers
Time Required/Temps Requis: About a couple months/Environ deux mois
Modification: None/Aucune

This project was another spontaneous thing for me to do even if I had been eyeing that pattern for a while. I actually got the yarn thinking I was going to do something else but then it turned out to be perfect for this project for the yarn so I quickly cast it on. Not much to say besides the fact that the charts were easy to follow, as long I was paying attention, I even followed his recommendation of doing a sewn bind off. Blocking this was a challenge, I have cats so putting this on the floor was out of the question but I don't have an elevated surface long enough to lay this down. I managed to put my foam pieces on my dinner table with the end pieces on the back of a chair. Since I did a wet block it had stretched out to about 90 inches but I kept it close to the 74 inches as instructed then stretched the width to 17 inches. I don't have blocking wire so I used about a million needles to pin the wrap on the foam blocks. I like how light it feels, this will be a great thing to have on those slightly cool days.

Ce projet est un autre projet spontané. Je m'étais procuré le fil pensant faire un autre projet mais j'ai assez vite décidé de faire cet écharpe, bien que cela faisait un certain temps que je disais que je voulais le faire. Pas grand chose à dire sur le travail, les tableaux étaient faciles à suivre, lorsque je portais attention à ce que je faisais, et j'ai même fait le rabat cousu tel que recommandé. Faire le blocage fut un défi: ayant des chats, l'idée de poser le projet par terre était hors de question. Par contre, ne n'ai pas de surface élevée assez long pour le poser. Je l'ai donc mis sur ma table à diner avec les extrémités sur le dos de chaises. Vu que j'ai fait un blocage mouillé, l'écharpe s'est étiré à 90 pouces mais je l'ai formé à environ 74 pouces afin de avec la largeur à 17 pouces. N'ayant pas des broches à former j'ai utilisé environ un million d'épingle afin de le maintenir en place. J'aime bien le fait qu'il semble si léger tout en étant chaud. Ceci sera très pratique lors de journées frisquets.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home