Sunday, November 06, 2011

Foulard Mexx Scarf



This is a knock off of a scarf I've seen in a store in Montreal. Fell in love with it this summer but it cost 65$ so I waited for a good sale to come along and sadly for my wallet is that it hasn't happened. So I DIYed for much less. Years ago I purchased the black woven fabric years ago and split in half lengthwise and made scarves out of each piece.  Using one of the scarves as the backing, I got the steel grey jersey fabric, cut it to be 4" from each long side and 6" from the top and bottom. I finished the edges using the rolled edge stitch from my overlock machine then I top stitched it to the backing. All of that done within a couple of hours for much less the store version. And let me tell you, it does keep my neck very warm.

Ceci est copie d'un foulard vu dans un magasin à Montréal. J'en suis tombée amoureuse cet été et ai attendu une vente intéressante mais elle n'est jamais arrivée. J'ai donc choisi de le faire moi-même. Il y a des années de ça j'ai acheté un tissu noir que j'ai coupé en deux dans le sens de la longueur et en avait fait deux foulards. J'en ai utilisé un pour faire l'endos et j'ai acheté ce tricot gris acier, l'ai coupé pour qu'il soit moins large de 10 cm des longs côté et 15 cm du haut et bas que le tissu de l'endos. Je l'ai fini en avec le point ourlé de ma surjeteuse et l'ai surpiqué sur l'endos. Tout ça en moins de deux heures et pour pas mal moins que la version en magasin. Et une chose est sûre, ça tient mon cou au chaud.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nik said...

You have been super busy with the creations! I love this. I think I love it more because you were able to create something for less money.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home