Friday, January 06, 2012

Châle Ashby Shawl





Pattern/Patron: Ashby by/par Leila Raabe
Yarn/Fil: Diamond Yarn Galway Heathers (4 skeins/écheveau)/Cascade 220 Heathers (1 skein/écheveau)
Time required/Temps requis: Two months/ Deux mois
Modification: See text/Voir le texte

Last September, I took my Mara shawl with me to Europe and and my mom threatened to just take it from me. I had already planned on knitting something for her for Christmas so I figured I'd just make one for her. But then Brooklyn Tweed came out with his pattern booklet and I figured that rather then repeat Mara, I'd make this one instead. The stripes are because I realized I was going to run out of the deeper Galway so I used a paler skein of Cascade 220, I couldn't find a better matter match, I alternated each colour at every repeat of the stitch patter.

En Septembre dernier, j'ai été en Europe avec mon châle Mara et ma mère a menacé de m'en soulager. J'avais déjà lui en faire un. Mais lorsque Brooklyn Tween a publié un livret de projets tricot, j'ai préféré faire celui-ci. Ayant réalisé que j'allais manquer de fil, j'ai utilisé un vert plus pâle car je n'ai pu trouvé une couleur identique. J'ai alterné les couleurs à chaque répétition du motif.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Ooh, I think the slight color variance is what makes this SO beautiful!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home