Sunday, January 22, 2012

Vogue V8778



Pattern/Patron: Vogue V877
Fabric/Tissue: Main/Principal: Leopard print fleece/Molleton imprimé léopard; Contrast/Contraste: ribbed knit/Tricot côtelé
Time required/Temps requis: About 6-7 hours/Environ 6-7 heures
Modifications: See below/Voir texte

A quickie project, I knew that no FBA would be required but I figured I was surprised to say that I didn't have to modify the pattern for my hips and bum since there was more then enough ease. I did make a couple modifications: I added a snap button at the collar because I liked the overlap seen in pattern's Model A. But the most elaborate change was at the sleeve. If you look at the pattern's envelope you see that the contrasting part of the sleeve is simply sewn onto the the fleece. I thought that looked sloppy, not to mention that it defeats the idea that you're supposed to think that your wearing a short sleeve fleece jacket over a long sleeve top. So I added 3/8" to the seams, folded the sleeve along the seam line to form a hem, then topstitched the hem onto the contrast portion together. I bit (that's borrow for you non urban speakers LOL) that fleece idea from Erica B's coat. 
PS: that's not dandruff on my hair, only flurries.

Petit projet rapide. Je savais qu'aucun ajustement pour poitrine forte n'aurait été nécessaire mais j'ai été surprise de me rendre qu'il y avait assez d'aisance dans l'ourlet pour qu'aucun ajustement n'y serait non plus nécessaire. J'y ai tout de même fait deux modifications. D'abord, j'ai rajouté un bouton pression à l'encolure pour simuler le look du col que l'on voit dans le modèle A du patron. Ensuite, je n'aimais pas la façon que la portion contrastante du manche était cousu sur le molleton, ça ne donnait pas assez l'illusion que l'on portait un veston à manches courtes sur des manches contrastantes et donc j'ai rajouté 1cm à la couture et replié la couture du manche comme un ourlet et l'ai surpiqué sur la manche contrastante. Quand au choix du motif, j'ai été influencé par le manteau d'Erica B. Et non ce ne sont pas des pellicules sur mes cheveux mais des mini flocons de neige.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Very nice coat.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Cute!

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home