Monday, July 23, 2012

Metronome





My visit with the trainer was kiboshed because yada, yada, yada but thanks to Google and YouTube, it is easy to get all the info needed for proper running form and technique. I spent an evening looking at all kinds of videos on proper form, one that that I was able to immediately practice was metronome running . Obviously I didn't run around with the big wooden metronome of yore, I downloaded a free metronome app and used it to figure out that I run at 85 BPM (or 170 BPM at double time but all that does is have one beat per foot). I was relieved at that number, I thought it would be lower then that. I have to run at that rhythm for a week then increase it one beat a week. The downside to my 2nd generation iPod is that it can't have several apps running at once so I can't have the metronome playing over my music. I will therefore revisit Podrunner, I used their free interval mix to start running and they have other free running mixes that range from 131 to 185 BPMs. You can get them straight from that link I posted but I chose to purchase their app because it allows you to play any mix at the BPM of your choosing among other benefits.

My week in training: At this point I am at the halfway point of my 8 week program towards my first race.  But, I was sidelined for a couple of weeks, was partially benched by the physiotherapist and this week he told me to slowly get back to run. Sigh. I am losing hope of doing a respectable time at my first race in August, looks like I'll have to be content with just showing up and finishing it, which I know won't be a problem. Anyhoo, I pretty much stuck to my running program except I shortened the Saturday long run to a 5k this week to ease my way back into training full stop.

Je n'ai pu voir un entraîneur car ce n'est pas couvert parce que blah, blah, blah mais grâce à YouTube et Google, il a été facile de trouve pas mal d'info sur les techniques de course. J'ai passé une soirée à regarder des vidéos et j'ai mis en pratique celui ci-haut qui parle de la course avec un métronome. Évidemment, je n'ai pas couru avec un gros métronome à l'ancienne, j'ai téléchargé une application gratuite et l'ai utilisée pour trouver mon rythme qui est de 85 BPM (ou 170 BPM en temps double). J'en étais rassuré car je croyais que ça aurait été plus lent que ça. Je dois garder ce rythme pour une semaine et ensuite l'augmenter de 1 battement par semaine. Étant donné que mon vieux iPod ne peut faire rouler deux applications en même temps et que donc je ne peux écouter ma musique faire jouer le métronome, je revisite Podrunner. J'avais utilisé son mix d'intervalles gratuites lorsque j'ai commencé à courir mais il a aussi toutes de mix dont les rhytmes varient de 125 à 185 BPM. On peut les télécharger directement du site mais j'ai choisi d'acheter leur application qui permet de les télécharger en plus de nous permettre de manipuler les BPM de toutes leur compilations.

Ma semaine d'entraînement: Je suis à mi-chemin dans mon programme d'entrainement mais là-dessus j'ai été deux semaines au ralenti le temps de me remettre de ma blessure au cou. J'aurais voulu faire un temps respectable lors de ma course du mois d'août mais il semble que je devrai me contenter de m'y pointer et de de le terminer, ce qui ne sera tout même pas difficile à faire. Bon, cette semaine j'ai pas mal suivi mon programme mais j'ai raccourci la course du samedi à 5 km parce que le physio m'a suggéré de me remettre lentement à la course.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Manitoulin Threads said...

Hi, I just found your blog and am really enjoying it. Remember, no matter your running pace, it is still faster than all the people who haven't gotten off the couch!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home