Thursday, May 10, 2007

Yes, I've been knitting/Oui je tricote


A quick pic to show the sock I'm making in the Opal Feeling yarn, wich can be found at the yarn pimp's (;-0 K...). So far I have yet to reach the repeat so maybe it doesn't have any... So, I was about to do the heel flap when I decided to try a short row heel instead, in spite of the fact that I hadn't done any short rows in a year and yet I managed to figure it out. Honestly, every knitting book I read said that short rows were the bane of most knitters and I can't figure out why. This is my second attempt at the heel, the first one was too wide, this one, as you can see by the sharp 90 degree angle is too thin, I had figured out how many stitches I needed by got thwarted by basic arithmatic. Othewwise, I googled to see if I was on the right track and I was! Huzzah.

Course wise, so far so good. I managed to pass my typing tests before the deadline and I passed my first exams today. Three more weeks before the course party!

Une photo pour montrer mon oeuvre actuel. Je suis en train de me faire une chaussette en utilisant la laine Opal Feeling que l'on peut trouver chez les filles d'Ariadne. Jusqu'à présent, je n'ai pas encore retrouvé le début de la répétition des rayures, peut être qu'il n'y en a pas. J'allais faire le rabat du talon lorsque j'ai décidé d'essayer de faire le talon en rang raccourci, technique que je n'en ai pas pas fait depuis près d'un an (les rangs raccourcis faut dire). J'ai reussi à le faire comme vous pouvez voir, mais je dois quand le reprendre pour la troisième fois, le premier étant été trop large et le second trop petite. Ah l'arithmétique. J'ai cherché sur google pour voir si j'étais sur la bonne voie et Hourrah!, je l'étais. Vraiment, je ne comprend pas ces livres qui disent que la plupart des tricoteuses détestent les rangs raccourcis.

Pour le cours, tout baigne jusqu'à présent. J'ai reussi mes épreuves de dactylos avant le temps et aussi mon premier examen. Plus que trois semaines avant le party de cours!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

Yay, I vote that "Yarn Pimps" be their official title...muhahahha!

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm cool with that :)

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home