Sunday, May 13, 2007

Birtrhday sock/Chaussette d'anniversaire

Yes today is my birthday (somehow always gets upstaged by another special occasion) but I chose to stay on base for the week-end, I will not spend 8 hours in a car only to do it again 36 hours after having gotten out of the car. Somehow I convinced myself to go the Queens Hotel bar in Barrie. I finally finished sobering up around brunch time. Some of us thought of going to Wasaga Beach but the cool temps took care of that idea. So, personnally, I spent my afternoon finishing my first Opal yarn sock (Yes, I haven't shaved my legs since before Christmas, didn't hurt me after closing time.... Oh wait, not that kind of blog...). So I may invest in a sock block or two to shape it. It fits perfectly at the foot but is a tad loose around the leg as you can see. And how this for serendipity: the stripes formed a perfect angle at the short row heel, didn't plan for that. As for the toe, I simply adapted the decrease found here and yes, no grafting. aant
Aujourd'hui c'est mon anniversaire Je refuse de faire 8 heures de route pour ensuite le refaire 36 hres plus tard en sens invers... Pour une rare fois, je me suis convaincue, avec quelques heures d'avis d'aller au bar Queens Hotel à Barrie. J'ai passé la matinée à cuver les quelques Corona que j'ai bu hier soir et après le brunch, nous voulions allez à la plage mais la température frisquet nous a fait changé d'idée. J'ai donc passé mon après-midi à finir ma première chaussette avec la laine Opal (oui je n'ai pas rasé mes jambes depuis Noël mais cela ne m'a pas trop posé de problème après la fermeture des bars... Oh désolée, ceci n'est pas Célibataire urbaine...). Je pense maintenr investir dans une paire de forme pour les chaussettes, celle-ci est correct autour du pied mais un peu lâche autour de la jambe. Et que pensez-vous de cet heureux hasard: les rayures ont formé un angle parfait autour des rangs raccourcis. Quant aux orteils, j'ai tout simplement adapté cette méthode et donc, pas de points compliqués.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Bonne fête!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Happy birthday Karine!

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Mine comes a week before said holiday...it's always one or the other, but never both. I love your sock.

Zeila

3:37 PM  
Blogger K. said...

Happy birthday!!!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday!!!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home