Monday, September 17, 2012

On Regression/De la Regression



Why no running post last week? Because the week before I got a couple of wisdom teeth pulled out under anaesthesia and I was out of commission for a couple of days. At first I thought I was under the effects of the Codeine painkillers but once I got off those I realized that in fact I was still under the lingering effects of the anaesthesia days after the procedure, something I also experienced when I had surgery a few years ago. And even today, TWO weeks later I am still feeling the effect: I went on a tempo run and was unable to finish because I felt like curling up in a corner somewhere and take a nap, same thing happened to me last week when I ran on the mountain. Oddly I was able to run 11k on Saturday although that was at my easy endurance pace. My next race is this Sunday yet I feel like I'm regressing. Yes, I'm worried. 

Pourquoi aucun billet sur la course la semaine dernière? Parce qu'il y a deux semaines je me suis fait arracher deux dents de sagesses et ai été au repos forcé pendant deux jours. J'ai cru que j'étais encore sous les effets des antidouleurs à la codéine mais une fois que j'ai arrêté d'en prendre, je me suis rendue compte qu'en fait c'était l'anesthésie qui m'affectait encore et ce, plusieurs jours après l'intervention. Même aujourd'hui,  je suis allé faire une course tempo et je n'ai pas été capable de le terminer tant je voulais me coucher dans un coin et dormir. La même chose m'est arrivée la semaine dernière lorsque je suis allé courir sur la montagne. Bizzarrement j'ai pu courrir 11 km samedi dernier mais c'était à mon rythme d'endurance facile. Ma prochaine course est dimanche prochain et j'ai l'impression de regresser. Oui, je suis inquiète.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home