Saturday, February 21, 2009

Black and blue/Bleu et noir



So I had to attend a funeral today and that is why I'm all black and blue. Seriously I have been sexier (in an appropriate manner of course, my catholic upbringing is never far) to burials but today this is what I came up with. I was hoping to make a dress but I didn't have time to make the modifications on the pattern and it's a good thing too because I ended up making the skirt I'm wearing in the fabric I had bought, a poly/coton blend that I will stay away from in dark colours. Seriously, I put in a cup of vinegar to hold the colour when I washed the fabric and still it looks faded to me though you can't really see my point with these pics.

Anyway since I'm so bland may as well be a background for the gorgeous fabrics I picked up at the store. Fabricville has a collection of gorgeous cottons in bright prints. First I bought the turquoise paisley, then I picked up the vaguely ethnic khaki and orange a couple of days later. They look and feel like silk. I wont do anything to these save for a finishing the edges, can't decide if I want to do that with my overlock or sewing machine. I will wear these as scarves this summer.

Aujourd'hui je suis allé à des funérailles et c'est la raison pour laquelle je porte ces joyeuses couleurs. Vraiment, j'ai été plus sexy (mais de façon convenable, j'ai quand même été élevée dans les traditions catholiques) que ça à des enterrements mais ceci était ce que j'ai pu faire de mieux aujourd'hui. Je voulais me faire une robe mais je n'ai pas eu le temps de faire les modifications au patron et heureusement car j'ai utilisé le tissu en poly-coton pour faire la jupe que je porte et vraiment assez drab comme résultat. J'ai pré-lavé le tissu en y rajoutant une tasse de vinaigre pour fixer la couleur mais j'ai quand même l'impression qu'il est délavé bien que ça ne paraisse pas trop dans ces photos.

Fait que tant à être aussi fade je vous montre deux tissus que j'ai trouvé chez Fabricville. J'ai d'abord acheté le paisley turquoise et deux jours plus tard, je me suis procuré le kaki vaguement ethnique. À les voir et toucher, on dirait de la soie. Je ne ferai rien avec si ce n'est d'en faire la finition soit avec ma machine à coudre or surjeteuse (ovelock). J'ai l'intention de les porter comme foulard l'été prochain.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the funeral. As backgrounds go you worked great for showing off the fabric, especially the blue paisley which is so wonderful :O)

8:41 PM  
Blogger The Original Wombman said...

Indeed sorry about the funeral. I love green, though, that fabric is very nice. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home