Thursday, January 01, 2009

Bonne Année/Happy new year!




Pattern: Belle Époque from 2-at-a-time-socks

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Tangerine

Time required: Way too long, I cast on last June

Modifications: None

This is my very last FO of 2008. I would have posted it last night but my niece was sleeping in my bedroom and besides, writing an FO text on New year's eve? Anyway I love these, love he colour and I like the thickness of the yarn. It was looking like it was going to linger a little longer in my UFO pile but putting on another pair of thick socks that I made convinced me to finally get these done during my holiday time off.

Positives: I liked this pattern. It was easy to make without having to drag the book all over the place. It was my first time doing a Picot edge. And I finally was able to make the Kitchener graft without having to look it up.

Negative: I have to admit that making the two socks on the circs were a bit of a pain. In fact when I picked them up again to finish them, there were done up to half way on the foot and when I tried to wiggle the needle though the stitches, I'd had enough, took the circs out and used DPNs to work on one at a time. Another thing, the yarn was super slippery, when I was not fighting with the circs I was fixing the yarn cake because it would constantly come undone, if I ever use it again I'd have to wind it super tight.

The horreur: None.

Patron: Belle époque de 2-at-a-time-socks

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill

Temps requis: Trop longtemps, j'ai monté les mailles au mois de juin

Modification: Aucune

Ceci est mon dernier projet terminé en 2008. Je l'aurais affiché hier mais ma nièce dormait dans ma chambre et de toute façon, j'ai préféré écouté les émissions spéciales de fin d'année. Ceci dit, je les adore, leur couleur et aussi l'épaisseur du fil. Il serait encore dans ma pile de truc à terminer si une autre paire de chaussettes que j'avais faite ne m'avait pas convaincu de les terminer durant mon congé des fêtes.

Positif: J'ai bien aimé les instructions, il était facile à faire et je n'avait pas besoin de toujours trainer le livre avec moi. C'est la première fois que je fait une bordure Picot et j'ai été capable de faire la finition en point Kitchener sans être obligé d'aller en ligne pour savoir comment faire.

Négatif: Je dois avouer que de faire les deux chaussettes en même temps sur des aiguilles circulaires était assez emmerdant. Lorsque je les ai ressorties pour faire les terminer, en essayant de glisser les aiguilles sur les mailles j'en ai eu assez, et les ai terminées une à la fois sur mes aiguilles à doubles pointes. De plus, la laine était si glissante que lorsque je ne me battais pas avec les aiguilles circulaires, je passais mon temps à refaire la balle qui se défaisait constamment. Si jamais je monterai l'écheveau en balle, je le fairai en serrant le fil le plus séré possible.




Pattern: Floppy Toque from Vogue Knitting

Yarn: Louet Mohair in Worsted weight

Time required: About a month

Modifications: I made to extra rounds of increases and since I didn't buy the Vogue Knitting, who knows if it's the same finished length. And the yarn called for a double stranded angora yarn, I used a a mohair, single stranded.

And this is my very first FO of 2009. In fact, I was working on this when I decided to finish the socks. I've always wanted those floppy hats the hipsters wear but because of my massive brain, I couldn't find a hat that would flop properly. So when I saw this in the Vogue Knitting I decided to make it. I chose to make the top wider then what the pattern called for because I assumed that with my hair, I needed the extra room but I decreased it down to what it was called for in the instructions. And then I just figured how long I needed to make it. It's supposed to flop over also even when worn with the brim folded over but since my 'fro is out, it's filling it up. I suppose that if I braid my hair down I would have a bit of a flop.

Positives: Came out how I wanted it. Super easy to do. And if it gets too cold or windy, I can just wear it as a regular tuque.

Negative: Seeing what you're doing in is difficult in this yarn. I had to start over quite a few time as I figured the pattern out, even ripped the ribbed sts because the hat was too big at that point.

The horreur: None.

Patron: Floppy Toque

Yarn: Cherry Tree

Temps requis: Environ un mois.

Modification: J'ai faire deux rondes d'augmentation de maille de plus que ce qui était suggéré dans les instructions. Et vu que je n'ai pas acheté le Vogue Knitting donc qui sais si je l'ai fait à la même longueur. Et le modèle utilisait de l'angor en double fil, j'ai utilisé un fil en mohair.

J'ai longtemps voulu de ces tuques qui tombent mollement vers l'arrière mais à cause de mon cerveau sur développé, je n'en ai jamais trouvé qui faisait l'affaire. Mais en voyant ce modèle dans le Vogue Knitting j'ai décidé de l'essayer. J'ai choisi de le faire plus large au dessus afin d'accommoder mes cheveux. Je l'ai ensuite fait jusqu'à une longueur que je trouvais idéale. Normalement il devrait tomber mollement aussi lorsque le rebord est replié mais pas avec mon afro. J'imagine que lorsque mes cheveux seront tressés il le fera.

Positif: Il a donné le résultat escompté. Très facile à faire. Se porte de deux façons selon la température (surtout le vent) dehors.

Négatif: J'ai du le recommencer plus d'une fois le temps de trouver la bonne façon de faire.

L'horreur: Rien.


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Happy New Year! and your 2008 FOs are really nice.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Amina said...

Meilleurs voeux!!! Qu'elle t'apporte tout le meilleur!! bisous

7:24 PM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

Love the socks!! Hate the 1 circ didn't work well for you. Everyone grooves definitely! :o)

Happy New Year Karine!! Wishing you much JOY in 2009!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home