Sunday, March 03, 2013


Pattern/Instructions: Braided Cable Hug by/Par Jami Brynildson
Yarn/Fil: Cascade 220 Ecological Wool and/et Louët Euroflax
Time required/Temps requis: About two weeks / Environ deux semaines
Modifications: One less repeat of the cable pattern which meant less sts to do the rib shoulder/Une répétition de moins de la torsade, ce qui mené à moins de mailles pour faire la cote à l'épaule

Yes, another poncho. I cast on for this quickie project because the previous one that I was working on didn't pan out. Thankfully I checked the  meaurements with a measuring tape on myself, that allowed me to know that that doing the pattern as is would have yielded a much too big poncho. Mixing the wool with the linen gives this a sort of rough texture.and is probably why it took a day longer then usual for the body to dry when I was blocking it. All I have left to do is press the seam at the back. I still like ponchos and already have plans to make another one although not immediately.

Et oui, un autre poncho. J'ai commencé ce projet lorsque le précédent ne fonctionnait pas. Heureusement, j'ai vérifier les mesures finales sur mon corps avec un ruban à mesurer, ce qui m'a permis de savoir que si je respectait les instructions à la lettre, il aurait été beaucoup trop grand.  Mélanger la laine et le lin a donné une texture un peu rêche au toucher et c'est aussi probablement la raison pour laquelle ça a pris une journée de plus pour que ça sèche lorsque je bloquais la pièce du corps. Il ne me reste qu'à presser la couture. J'aime encore les ponchos et je prévois en faire d'autres quoique pas tout de suite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home