Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Good Hair

Ok I guess I'm not that tired of talking about Good Hair because I just want to throw my belated 0.02$C on the subject. I will say a couple of things about this documentary.

I liked it, it was funny, entertaining and informative, if you want to know about perms and weaves though personally I didn't learn anything new. Opening the movie on his daughter asking why she doesn't have "good hair" to me totally misrepresents what this movie really is about: the Bronner Bros hair show and the extents black women are willing to go to have straight hair. He could have completely cut the bits about his daughter out since it made no sense in this movie plus, it misrepresents what black people mean by "good hair".

So, don't go see it expecting an in depth sociological analysis of black hair issues. Otherwise, it was good.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amina said...

J'ai hate de voir son film helas il n est pas encore disponible dans la ville ou je reside.
Merci pour la critique

11:16 PM  
Blogger Peacock Chic said...

Thanks for the heads up as that is the sociological aspect of it was exactly why I wanted to see it. But I guess it won't keep me from supporting the idea.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home