Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cardigan Sienna Cardigan


Pattern: Sienna cardigan

Yarn: Inca gold Mara 70% Merino wool, 30% baby alpaca

Time required: Can't remember when I cast on for this

Modifications: I made the waist for fitted and I knit the bottom one size larger with darts at the waist

My first cardigan!!! I can't believe I never managed to finish one before. Honestly I don't know what my malfunction was, I'd start them and then I'd lose interest. Anyway just as I started jonesing for a cardi, I get the free 7 cardigan patterns eBooklet from Knitting daily and in it, I found this one. It looked like a quick knit so I decided to give it a try. It's a coincidence that the yarn I used looks exactly like the on used in the pattern, I bought it at at Ariadne last Winter. I should be blocking it... Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

Positives: If it wasn't for my procrastination, it would be done a long time ago. I was a fast project to do. Making the bottom larger was an excellent decision, as was not making short at the bust. It fits just fine. I swiped the leather buttons from one of my fashion school's graduation projects and it looks nice here. Also I'm glad I made the waist more fitted. Squarish/boxy sweaters just add pounds on my curvy frame.

Negatives: Other then ripping out the top when I changed my mind about the short rows, and ripping the collar band because it was late when I made it and messed up, non really. Wait, yeah I have a rather strong shoulder frame courtesy of the gym so maybe the shoulder seam could go out an by an inch on each shoulder.

The horreur: Can't think of any. That thread sticking from the waist is actually the thread attaching the buttons to the sweater, an easy snip. Oh and I reversed the SSKs and k2tog when I made the waist darts at the back and front. I have to take a pic to show you the difference. I won't.

Patron: Cardigan Sienna

Fil: Inca gold Mara 70% laine merinos, 30% bébé alpaca

Temps requis: Je me souviens pas de quand est-ce que j'ai monté les mailles.

Modification: J'ai fait la bande de taille une taille plus grande que le haut, en plus de faire la taille plus ajustée

Mon premier cardigan! Honnêtement je ne sais pas pourquoi je n'ai jamais été capable d'en terminer un auparavant. Je le commençait et par la suite, je perdait tout intérêt. Mais bon, au moment ou je recommençait a vouloir en faire un, je reçois le livret électronique gratuit de Knitting Daily qui contenait 7 modèles. J'y ai trouvé celui-ci, il avait l'air rapide et facile à faire. C'est tout à fait une coïncidence que la laine utilisée est presque identique à celle utilisée dans le patron, je l'ai acheté l'hiver dernier chez Ariadne. Je devrais bloquer le chandail en ce moment, peut être que je le ferai, peut être que non...

Positif: N'eut été de ma procrastination, j'aurai probablement terminé ce chandail il y a belle lurette. C'était un bonne décision de faire le chandail une taille plus grande à la bande de taille tout comme celle de ne pas faire de rangs raccourcis à la poitrine. Il me fait comme un gant. J'ai recyclé les boutons en cuir qui se trouvaient sur un de mes projets de fin de sessions à l'école de mode, un excellent choix. Finalement je suis contente d'avoir ajusté la taille, les chandails trop "carrés" ne font que rajouter quelques livres sur mes courbes...

Négatifs: Mise à part le fait que j'ai recommencé le col plus d'une fois à cause de mauvais calculs, et le fait de recommencer la poitrine au devant quand j'ai changé d'idée pour les rangs raccourcis. Ok il y aussi le fait que j'ai une bonne carrure à l'épaule (grâce à quelques séances de poids et altères) et donc, il aurait été préférable que la ligne d'epaule soit plus large d'environ un pouce.

L'horreur: Bon, le fil qui dépasse à la taille est en fait un fil du bouton. Un coup de ciseaux règlera ce problème. J'ai aussi inverse les *deux mailles tricots ensemble* ainsi que le point de surjet pour faire les pinces de tailles au dos et au devant. Je pourrais bien prendre une photo pour montrer la différence... mais je ne le ferai pas.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Very nice! Great color choice.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

You did a great job and looks great.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Cas... said...

It's lovely! The color looks really good on you too!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

It came out nice and you look so comfy in it! I am loving the lace motif and color!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Lara said...

It's beautiful and looks great on you!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Karine said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Karine said...

Thank you all!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Amina said...

tres joli le pull!!!
Quelle patience aussi car je ne peux que tricoter les echarpes..lol

11:16 PM  
Blogger Monique said...

Very nice! Looks great on you!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home