Monday, September 14, 2009

Spicy/Épicé



The other day I finished the cabled scarf that I was working on (still need to block it, take a pic etc). As soon as I bound off it's last stitch I quickly looked around for a new project, considered doing a pair of toe ups socks but in the end, I chose the conquer a cardi. If you've read my ramblings before, then you know that I never manage to finish cardigans for some reason. Just as I thought about it I got an email from Knitting Daily announcing their free cardi eBook. In it I found the Sienna Cardi and liked it. I also thought it would be a good practice for the Norah Gaughan cardigan I want to do. Made a a couple of modifications: I made the hips one size larger then the top but added decreases halfway between the side edges as a waist dart, both at the back and front. I also decided to make it less boxy by making the waist more fitted. And now I'm figuring the bust darts using short rows. I have to start over because by adding rows, I raised the low point of the neckline but I think I know how to compensate for that. The Mara yarn is from my stash and in reality it's colour is similar to the magazine's picture, not at all fluorescent like it shows here for some reason.

L'autre jour j'ai terminé le foulard avec torsade sur lequel je travaillais cet été (je dois en faire le bloquage, prende des photos etc). Sitôt la dernière maille rabattue j'ai tout de suite commencé à chercher mon prochain projet. J'ai pensé me faire une paire de chaussette faite à partir de la pointe des pieds mais finalement j'ai décidé de m'attaquer à un cardigan. Si vous avez déjà lu mon blogue, vous savez que je n'en ai jamais terminé. Juste à point j'ai reçu l'info-lettre de Knitting Daily annonçant un livret de cardigans gratuit à télécharger et j'y a trouvé le cardigan Sienna. Je me suis dit qu'il serait une bonne pratique pour le modèle par Norah Gaughan que je veux faire. Je le modifié ainsi: j'ai fait le bas une taille plus grande que le haut afin d'y ajouter une "pince" vers la taille. J'ai aussi fait la taille plus ajustée. En ce moment je suis en travailler sur la pince à la poitrine en utilisant des rangs raccourcis. Un problème: le rangées de plus font remonter la pointe de l'encolure mais j'ai une idée sur comment corriger ça. La laine est de ma réserve, la couleur est plus proche de la photo du magazine que cette version fluo sur la photo ci-haut....

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home