Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This and that/Un peu de tout

Bought a pair of platform wedges but sadly, I couldn't walk in heels that high. Googled and found Legwork. Downloaded it and I will try it. I have too many pairs of high heels gathering dust.

J'ai acheté une paire de sandales à semelles plateformes compensées et j'ai été incapable de marcher tres longtemps correctement avec. Une petite recherche sur Google m'a fait déniché le programme Legwork. Je l'ai téléchargé et l'essayerai. J'ai trop de paire de talons hauts qui accumule la poussière...

I've finally caved and bought it. I'll admit, I judged it by it's cover, I should have known that it's the techniques that count, not the styles shown. Ordered it at the local chain bookstore because I saved about 8$C for the delivery since I picked up there and on top of that, it came in 2 days later. I do know a few techniques from fashion school but I did study men's fashion so whatever was taught on the second and third year I missed out. I think I will get Pants Fit for All... By the by that's a preview of the dress I'm making. I am chuffed as the Brits would say...

Je me suis finalement procuré ce livre d'altération de patron de couture. Je l'avoue, je l'ai jugé par sa couverture, j'aurais du savoir que ce sont les techniques qui comptent, pas les modèles montrés. Je l'ai commandé pour qu'il soit livré à la librairie, ce qui m'a fait économisé près de 8$C en frais de livraison. Je connais bien quelques techniques mais ayant étudié en mode masculine, j'ai manqué tout ce qui a été montré en 2e et 3e année. Je crois que je vais commandé la version pour pantalons... En passant, cette photo est une avant gout de la robe sur laquelle je travaille en ce moment. Il y a encore beaucoup à faire mais je sais déjà que ce sera un succès.




My dress code requires that I not wear my hair with excessive volume so obviously, an afro, with the amount of hair I now have, is out of the question. So this is how I tame my 'fro for work although another reason for this style is because I wear my helmet for my scooter.

Anyway, these are the smallest flattwists I've done so far. Now I won't correct you if you call them cornrows but those basically ridged french braids, the style I'm wearing is done with two strands not three. Having done them at several sizes I now that 6 flattwists are out of the question, I look at best like a Klingon or worse, like a goat (I look like have horns on my head). 8 is the minimum to step out of the house but they do look mannish on me even if I try an creative part. 10 is the minimum, I find, to look feminine though it will be better when my hair gets longer, I'm constantly redoing the back. In the pic, I have 15. I took me 90 mins to do, contrast that with the 4 hours it took me the first time I tried this, and I only did 8 flattwsists then... I will keep these until next weekend.

Le code vestimentaire auquel je dois adhérer exige que les cheveux des femmes ne doivent pas excéder un certain volume. Étant donné la longueur de mes cheveux actuellement, un afro est hors de question. Ceci est donc la façon que je dompte mes cheveux pour le bureau quoique je le fasse aussi à cause de mon casque de moto.

Ce sont les plus petites torsades à plat que j'ai fait jusqu'à présent. Un haïtien appellerais ça peut être des ti-couri mais ceux-là ressemblent à des tresses françaises, le style que je porte est fait avec 2 brins. Ceci dit, je sais qu'il est hors de questions de sortir de la maison avec 6 torsades, au mieux j'ai l'air d'une Klingon, au pire d'une chèvre (on dirait que j'ai des cornes sur la tête). 8 sont acceptables mais ça fait quand même un peu masculin. Par contre dix, ça fait, à mon humble avis, un peu plus féminin. Présentement j'ai 15 torsades sur la tête. Cela m'a pris 90 minutes à faire, tout un contraste avec le première fois que j'ai essayé de faire ce style, ça m'avais pris 4 heures et je crois que j'en avais fait que 8...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have got to tell me how that video works out for you!! Sounds very interesting since I too have quite a few heels beckoning to me.

Love the flattwists too! Wish I have skills but 90 minutes dedicated to my hair might kill me...LOL!

1:47 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

You know, I once saw that book at a book outlet store and didn't get it because it looked outdated. after leaving the store (couldn't go back because it was in a far away city), I wished I bought it. for the reasons you stated. it's the techniques and not the fashion.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Nashe' said...

nice flat twist ! and yes , even with a part , things cang get pretty "manish" so a gilr must be careful when wearing certain braid styles...
still i love being a natural curl kinda girl !

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home