Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More covers/Encore des housses


It's amazing what you can get done when you finally put your mind to it. After finishing my entrelac cushion covers I got tired of the others and decided it was time to change them. I checked out Apartmenttherapy.com for inspiration (especially because of my orange wall) and came away with the idea of just using different covers for all of them. So I dived into my stash and made these in under three hours (break for dinner included). At the far left is a Kaffe Fassett fabric that I've had for a couple of years, the others are just left overs of which I had just enough to make the front, the backs being an orange cotton except for the chambray at the far right that has a white and polka dot (picture). I think that last one is my favourite because of that simple combo.

On peut vraiment faire n'importe quoi en autant qu'on s'y mette. Après avoir terminé mes housses en entrelac je me suis dit que le temps était venu de remplacer les autres. Après avoir été faire un tour sur Apartmentthrerapy.com pour un peu d'inspiration (surtout à cause de mon mur orange), j'ai eu l'idée de tout simplement utiliser différents tissus pour chacun. J'ai donc été fouiller des mes réserves et retailles et moins de trois heures plus tard (pause pour le souper incluse) voici le résultat. Le tissu à l'extrème gauche, de la collection Kaffe Fassett, a été acheté il y a quelques années, quant aux autres, il m'en restait juste assez pour faire les devant des housses. Pour l'endos j'ai tout simplement utilisé un coton orange sauf pour le chambray à droite qui a un tissu blanc avec des pois oranges (photo). Je crois que ce dernier est mon préféré à cause cette combinaison.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous stacysews said...

Your couch looks gorgeous - I love all the mix and match colors and textures.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home