Saturday, June 06, 2009

Thank you all/Merci à tous

As you can see, if I'm blogging the day after that means I'm fine :) . A bit sore, coughing and belly laughs are out of the question but otherwise I'm good. I was supposed to be the first surgery of the day but I forgot my urine sample home (typical me) and as my friends will tell you, I don't wee on command (all women have to get a pregnancy test before they can put you under). Anyway I went in the OR around 11 am and woke up around 3:30 pm. After that it was a question of waiting for the anaesthesia to wear off, the doc had already signed me out on the condition that I got up to go to the bathroom. This they should have told me because I can hold it in a long time...

Anyway, I have two weeks off work, I can go back to my usual activities when I feel strong enough to do them, no lifting of my niece for 6 weeks :( , no scooter for a month. And no ugly scars either, not sure I'll have any to show off when they'll be done healing. I'm just glad it's done with.

Comme vous pouvez le constater, si je suis capable de blogger le lendemain c'est que je vais bien :). Je suis un peu endolorie mais rien de grave, disons qu'il est hors de question de tousser ou de rire du ventre, mais sinon tout va bien. J'étais supposer être la première à être opérée mais j'avais oublié mon échantillon d'urine à la maison (ça c'est moi tout cracher) et mes amies vous confirmeront que je ne fais pas pipi sur commande (toutes les femmes doivent faire un test de grossesse avant d'être endormies). Finalement, ils m'ont amené à la salle d'opération vers 11:00 et je me suis réveillée vers 15:30. Après ça ce n'était qu'une question d'attendre que les effets de l'anesthésie passent et que j'aille à la toilette afin de partir. Ils auraient me le dire avant car je suis capable de garder ça très longtemps.

En tout cas j'ai deux semaines de congé, je peux reprendre mes activités au fur et à mesure que je m'en sente capable, je ne pourrai pas soulever ma nièce pendant six semaines, pas de scooter pendant un mois. Pas sûre que j'aurais des cicatrices à montrer quand elles auront fini de guérir. Je suis contente que la chirurgie est passé et que je peux passer à autres choses.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Virtuous said...

Sooo glad to hear the surgery went well even though you didn't get it done at the top of the morning.

Be sure to REST and not over do it! So I guess all funny movies are out of the question right now! ;o)

We appreciate the update and feel free to blog all your little heart desires so we can keep up with you!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Amina said...

ouf soulagee d'entendre que la chirurgie s'est bien passee..
Reposes toi bien et prends des forces :)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Glad to hear you are doing well and the surgery went well!

Here's to a speedy recovery!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!! glad to hear you are alright. Rest, relax, and have fun when you feel better :O)

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're doing well so soon!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home