Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sophia

There was a time that I couldn't stand aviator glasses. Maybe it had to do with the fact that when I first joined her Majesty's service, they were the only kind of sunglasses we were allowed to wear and looking at all the dudes with their regulations moustaches and these on did not make them more appealing. Anyway that rule has since been rescinded but I only really started to like them when actress Louise Lombard started sporting them on CSI Las Vegas as Detective Sophia Curtis. The downside to wearing prescription sunglasses is that I can't just pick up a cheap pair that I can toss out when I tire of them, I have to go for classic styles that won't look stale after a couple of seasons. I was first called to pick them up yesterday (after ordering them on Sunday) but they messed up on the left lense but still, getting them within a day of ordering them was still pretty fast. I think I'll be channelling Erik Estrada from the TV show CHIPs this summer when I'll be wearing these with my bike helmet...

Il fut un temps où ne pouvait sentir les lunettes de style aviateur. C'était peut-être dû au fait que durant mes premières années au service de sa majesté, c'était le seul style de lunette de soleil permis et j'avoue que ce n'était pas très attrayant aves la moustache règlementaire... Ce règlement a été aboli depuis mais j'ai vraiment commencé à les aimer lorsque l'actrice Louise Lombard a commencé à les porter dans l'émissions Les Experts (elle y joue la détective Sophia Curtis). Vu que je n'ai pas les poches profondes, je me dois de choisir des styles plutôt classique mais heureusement, ceux-ci ont pris des lettres de noblesses dernièrement. Je les ai commandé avant hier et hier j'ai reçu un appel durant la journée m'annonçant qu'elles étaient prêtes mais malheureusement ils ont fait une erreur sur la lentille gauche et j'ai du attendre à aujourd'hui pour aller les chercher ce qui en fait un service tout de même assez rapide. Je crois qu'avec mon casque de moto j'aurai l'air d'Erik Estrada de la série télévisée CHIPs cet été...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Love your aviators. I've got a pair in the car, but that requires me to wear contacts, which I haven't in ages.

8:52 PM  
Blogger K. said...

HOT!!!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Looking good Karine!

That's true- Sophia wears aviators. I like that look...pulled back ponytail and a big frame.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home