Tuesday, March 04, 2008

'80s flashback

You may be aware of a couple of viral sensations on YouTube right now, the first one by comedian Sarah Silverman announcing to her boyfriend Jimmy Kimmel that she was f!cking Matt Damon and later Jimmy Kimmel responded with this ditty that borrows literally (in the form of Huey Lewis) and figuratively from 80's opus We are the world from the super group USA for Africa that had some of the crème de la crème of pop music back then.

I listened to it so often back then that I can still mimick every singer's solo even if I've only heard it maybe once or twice since the end of the 80s. I had forgotten about some of those who participated like James Ingram and Kenny Loggins or others that, upon seeing the video again, I now realize were part of it like Bob Dylan or Paul Simon and finally others that I'd have to look up because don't remember who they are. Anyway I've had this song stuck in my head for the last couple of days so hopefully by sharing it I may be rid of it. I have to say that this screen still suggest something totally different that a hunger relief song...


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

And this is why Kimmel is great!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I followed your links and finally watched those videos. OMG, what a riot!! And I was around for "We Are the World," too, and absolutely loved it. Thanks for that link also.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home