Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ever get that feeling that you know for sure that you're going to lose something? Saturday I was certain that I was going to lose my Sea Urchin II when I put in in my coat pocket instead of my bag when I was riding on the metro and as predicted I did. Sooo I figured that would be a good time to brake out the two skeins of Lamb's Pride I picked up at Ariadne, the only difference being that I didn't have to double up the skein because it had a chunky gauge. Still, I accidentally used a 5.5mm circ instead of a 6.5, I cast on 4 less stitches (on purpose) and I started the decreases at 7.5 cm instead of 10 cm (again on purpose). Yes it's too small. I have yarn left over to try again but now I'm hesitating to between using the larger circs or using the original measurement before the decrease.

Avez-vous déjà eu l'impression que vous allez perdre quelque chose avant même que ça arrive? J'ai eu cet impression dans le métro samedi en mettant mon oursin de mer II dans ma poche au lieu de mon sac et évidemment c'est arrivé. C'était donc la bonne occasion d'utiliser la laine Lamb's Pride que j'ai acheté chez les filles d'Ariadne pour m'en faire un autre, sauf que je n'ai pas eu à utiliser le fil en double vu que c'est un gros fil. Je me suis trompée d'aiguille et j'en ai utilisée une de 5.5 mm au lieu du 6.5, j'ai décidé de montée 4 mailles de moins et j'ai commencé les réductions à 7.5 cm au lieu de 10 cm. Oui il est trop petit. Il me reste assez de fil pour m'en faire un autre, cependant j'hésite entre utiliser la bonne grandeur d'aiguille ou de le refaire à la taille que j'avais écris dans le patron.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too funny!! It is like a poofy yarmelke. But I like the color! Can't wait to see the Adult size version. hee hee

Oh BTW, I am liking the hair do. I was thinking of growing mine out, but I am lazy too so we shall see what happens

11:31 PM  
Blogger Two Cables and a Frapp said...

This is a funny tale. You made a hair bunn warmer instead of a hat. Nice color and I can't wait to see the real hat !!!

6:29 PM  
Blogger WineGrrl said...

It does look like a kid's hat...it's cute!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home