Monday, January 07, 2008

Still around/Toujours là

Happy belated New year to all. This is just a quick post because well, I have to go do my hair. Believe me I have other stuff I'd rather do but I know I won't be done until just before I go to bed and that is pretty annoying considering it's only about 2" long. Yes two. I will explain shrinkage on a day I really have nothing to post about.

Spent my weekend in the Laurentians (north of Montreal, ski country) with my mom, at a thermal spa. Imagine two Haitian women prancing around in bathing suits at temperatures around the freezing point doing the sauna, dip in ice cold water (myself only, my mom refuse to even try), rest, jacuzzi, rest and repeat all afternoon, my mom adding an hour massage on top of that. Whatever benefit I got from all that was thrown out the window with my mom's snores and coughing (unrelated, she already had her cold) later.

Anyway today I went to Fabricville who's having a major sale this month, with a preview sale today and tomorrow that's a a bit more generous. I picked up some fabric that hopefully will be put to good use soon, I already know what I will do with it. I also checked out McCalls' patterns, they will be on sale for 2,99$ starting Wednesday for a week. The only pattern that has caught my fancy is this one, I know I will get that it.

As for knitting, the needles will be on a break for a bit. I still my socks to work on but I think I will do a sweater, maybe this one by a member of our sistah knit club.

PS: To whomever came across my blog by googling "sexy beavers", I hope you've found what you were looking for.

Bonne année en retard, ce message sera bref vu que je dois passer le reste de ma soirée à jouer avec mes cheveux. Vraiment beaucoup d'effort considérant qu'ils ne mesurent que 5 cm. Oui seulement 5, une fois que je n'aurai rien à dire, je vous expliquerai l'effet rétrecissant des cheveux crépus.

J'ai passé le weekend dans un spa thermal dans les Laurentides (région touristique connue pour le ski au nord de Montréal) avec môman, imaginez-vous deux haïtiennes se promenant à l'extérieur en costume de bain à une température autour du point de congélation, faisant la tournée des différents saunas, bains tourbillons, bain d'eau froide (moi-même uniquement, ma mère a refusé catégoriquement de s'y jeter) et du repos entre tous ça. Ma mère s'est rajouté un massage d'une heure en plus. Par contre tous bénéfices furent perdus par les toux et ronflements incéssants de ma mère cette nuit-là. Elle était déjà enrhumé en arrivant au spa.

Aujourd'hui j'ai été faire un tour chez Fabricville qui tient ses soldes ce mois-ci, avec une pré-vente aujourd'hui et demain. J'en ai profité pour acheté du tissu et d'autres trucs que j'espère utiliser bientôt, je sais déjà ce que j'en ferai. J'ai aussi feuilleté le catalogue de patron McCall's car ils seront en vente à 2,99$ à partir de mercredi pour une semaine. Le seul qui m'a accroché l'œil est celui-là.

Quand aux aiguilles à tricot, elles sont en congé pour l'instant. J'ai encore mes chaussettes à faire mais je crois que vais commencé à me faire un chandail, peut-être celui-ci, créé par une des membres du cercle de tricoteuses blacks.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious!! I wonder what they found...hee hee. Probably yarn! Have fun at the fabric sale tomorrow!!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home