Saturday, December 29, 2007

Neck warmer/Cache-cou

After trying a million sts, included the ribbed purl st that I had used for my Sea Urchin hats, I have finally settled on a seeded rib stitch for the neck warmer. I think I got it from a Marie-Claire knit stitch book someone had at the knit meet, it was the second pattern that I had tried, I figured out how to make it by looking at the swatch but then I found in one of my st books, I make it with purl sts instead of knit but the end results are the same. The yarn calls for a US 13 (9 mm) needle, I'm using a US 15 (10 mm). This is the softest thing I've ever felt in my life! I also when to the notions store to pick up some buttons, the largest that could squeeze through the stitches because I want to have the freedom to reconfigure how to attach it.

Après avoir essayé toute sorte de point, incluant la côte en mailles envers que j'avais utilisé pour mes bérets Oursins de mer, j'ai finalement choisi cette fausse côte anglaise. C'est le deuxième point que j'ai essayé lors de la rencontre de jeudi soir, je l'ai sûrement trouvé dans le livre de point Marie-Claire que quelqu'un avait ce soir-là. J'ai pu deviné comment je l'avais fait, la différence étant que je le fait avec des mailles envers mais cela revient au même. La laine recommande d'utiliser un aiguille de 9 mm, j'ai choisi d'utiliser un 10 mm. C'est le truc le plus doux que j'ai touché depuis longtemps. J'ai été faire un tours à la mercerie pour acheter des boutons, j'ai choisi la taille la plus grosse qui pouvait passer au travers des mailles car je ne veux pas de boutonnières afin de pouvoir l'attacher comme bon me semble.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Still Patrice said...

Love the color you're using!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Your neck warmer is coming along nicely and I love the color grey.

12:45 AM  
Blogger K. said...

Love it!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing your neckwarmer pattern. It looks great and I have just the yarn for it in my stash!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home