Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dim sum

Français plus bas

Last Sunday the self-proclaimed Labelwhore and I had a bit of a get together after not seeing each other in a few months, we had a paltry dim sum at a Chinese restaurant on St-Laurent Blvd. Here he is showing of the narrow Clapotis he's working on, as befit his moniker that is 100% Cashmere yarn. And that Club Monaco looking sweater? A 300$ Martin Margiela. Some of you might recognize the blurry figure.

In the meantime I still haven't picked my needles yet but I've decided on my next project, I just need to get started. I've alse been shopping for patterns, last week I picked up this McCall's pattern along with this other shirt.

This week the Vogue and Butterick patterns are on sale for 4.99$C at Fabricville until Wednesday and annoyingly the early spring catalog is not out yet so I picked up this Claude Montana pattern for a motorbike style pattern along with this T-shirt pattern. I also bought a dirt coloured jersey to make the short sleeve version, that should be my next quick sewing project. I'm still annoyed though because the great Erica B. had previewed some of the latest patterns on her blog and I spotted a couple of patterns of interest to me. At least the good news for us canucks is that Vogues and Buttericks are now sold at American prices, for example the T-shirt pattern would now be 20$ as opposed to the 27.50$C regular price, on top of which I would still get a 50% discount because of my membership card...

Dimanche dernier, la pute de luxe auto-proclamée et moi sommes allé déguster un dim sum famélique dans un resto chinois du Boul. St-Laurent. Le voici me montrant le clapotis sur lequel il planche en ce moment, et faisant honneur à son surnom il est en 100% cachemire. Et ce chandail qu'il porte qui semble tout droit sortie d'un Club Monaco? Un Martin Margiela à 300$. Peut-être les montréalais reconnaîtront la personne aux traits embrouillés.

Je n'ai toujours pas recommencer à tricoter mais j'ai déjà une idée en tête pour mon prochain projet. En attendant j'achète des patrons de couture, à commencer par cette blouse-ci de la compagnie McCall's ainsi autre chemise.

Cette semaine les patrons Vogues et Butterick sont en vente à 4.99$C chez Fabricville mais malheureusement la collection du printemps n'est pas encore sortie, ce qui m'a assez ennuyé vu que la grande Erica B. en avait montré quelques uns sur son blogue. Comme mince consolation, à cause de la force de notre dollar ces patrons seront dorénavant vendus au prix affiché en dollar américain, dans le cas du patron à t-shirt à droite, il reviendrait à 20$C au lieu de 27.50$C en plus du 50% de rabais que j'ai avec ma carte de fidélité. J'ai tout de même acheté ce patron pour un manteau de moto de la collection Montana ainsi que ce patron pour un T-shirt dont j'ai aussi acheté un tricot pour faire la version à manche courte.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home