Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My knitting list

Found this by going from link to link. Since the blogger didn't mind people ripping it, I guess you can steal it here too...

Here are the rules:

Mark with bold the things you have ever knit, with italics the ones you plan to do sometime, and leave the rest. Remember to remove my comments in parentheses. Unless they apply to you.

• Afghan
I-cord
Garter stitch

Knitting with metal wire (for a swap I did with Craftster. Used beads too)
Shawl (Would love too)
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down

Socks: toe-up
• Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down (Never thought about it humm...)
Hat
• Knitting with silk
• Moebius band knitting (Not on pupose)
Participating in a KAL
Sweater
Drop stitch patterns (Not Clapotis, this. Somededay.)
• Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn (Does ripping a project count?)
Slip stitch patterns

• Knitting with banana fiber yarn
• Domino knitting (??? Checkered rib?)
Twisted stitch patterns
• Knitting with bamboo yarn
• Two end knitting (???)

• Charity knitting
• Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan(yes I know I never finish them)
Toy/doll clothing (Oh my God I just remembered that I have, when I first started knitting, one of those sleep/awake dolls. Wow.)
Knitting with circular needles
Baby items (when I get a baby daddy)

• Knitting with your own handspun (I'd have to spin first and I refuse to do so)
Slippers
• Graffiti knitting (what, me just leave my work everywhere? No.)
Continental knitting (The only way to knit...)
Designing knitted garments

Cable stitch patterns
Lace patterns
• Publishing a knitting book
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit (see Baby items)
• American/English knitting (Why?)
Knitting to make money (easy money I should call it)
Buttonholes
Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
• Norwegian knitting
• Dying with plant colors
• Knitting items for a wedding
Household items
Knitting socks on two circulars
Olympic knitting (Even though I never finished it)
• Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with dpns
• Holiday-related knitting

• Teaching a male how to knit
Bobbles
• Knitting for a living
Knitting with cotton
• Knitting smocking
Dying yarn
• Steeks
• Knitting art
Fulling/felting (Damn you front loader!)
Knitting with wool
• Textured knitting (The scarf Caroline is working on is cool. Wonder if mine would count, the stitch is called bubble lace.)
Kitchener BO
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO (my default method unless specified otherwise)
Entrelac (on a pillow)

• Knitting and purling backwards (why?)
• Machine knitting
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegating yarn
• Stuffed toys (if Jennie keeps it up I will have too)
• Knitting with cashmere
• Darning
Jewelry (for a swap on Craftster)
Knitting with synthetic yarn (before I got all snooty)
Writing a pattern
Gloves
Intarsia (speaking of which...)
• Knitting with linen
• Knitting for preemies
Tubular CO
• Freeform knitting
Short rows

• Cuffs/fingerless mitts/armwarmers
Pillows (would love too, two words: cat hair)
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine (will probably happen)

• Rug
• Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting
Knitting a gift
• Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho
• Knitting with dog/cat hair
• Hair accessories
Knitting in public
This last one wasn't on the list but I thought I'd add it:
Knitting a pattern published by a blogger (I don't mean my own...)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your posts on NP and clicked over to your blog today. I've also swiped the list.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home