Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hair trim/Petite coupe de cheveux

This morning I woke up thinking about a coworker's girlfriend. She's from Benin (FYI: most Haitians can trace their origins there or the surrounding areas, I've been told many time that I look like I'm from Cameroun) and she sported a cute short haircut and I really liked it to the point where I considered cutting off my locs. Then I remembered I'd have to go to the barber at least every month to maintain it and I also remembered the years of growing it back. So I got up and did something I should have done a long time ago: I gave myself a serious trim, up to 6 inches is some areas. I now have a shoulder lentgh bob (batteries in my camera won't let me take a picture) and now I love my hair again.

Edited:
Right after I posted this, I went back to the mirror and I didn't like the way the hair was longer in the back (it grows faster back there) so I trimmed another two inches. I now have a Rachel. And K, I was there...


Ce matin je me suis réveillé en pensant à la copine d'un collègue. Elle vient du Bénin (PVI: la plulpart des haïtiens peuvent y retracer leurs origines et aussi dans les pays avoisinants, je me suis souvent fait dire que je ressemblais à une camérounaise) et elle avait une belle coupe de cheveux très courte que j'aimais assez au point de sérieusement considérer la possibilité de couper mes dreads. Je me suis ensuite rappeller qu'il fallait aller chez le barbier au moins tous les mois pour maintenir une belle coupe et aussi toutes les années à les laisser repousser. Je me suis donc levée, pris une paire de ciseaux et me suis couper les cheveux de un à six pouces dans certains endroits, chose que j'aurais du faire il y a des mois. J'ai maintenant les dreads à hauteur d'épaules (les piles de ma caméra sont à plats donc pas de photos) et maintenant je me suis réconcilier avec mes cheveux.

Ajout: Tout de suite après avoir publié le paragraphe ci-haut, je suis retourné admirer ma nouvelle coupe dans le miroir et je n'aimais pas trop la fait que mes cheveux soient beaucoup plus long en arrière qu'en avant (ils y poussent plus vite. Je les ai donc raccourcis de deux pouces. J'ai maintenant la même coupe que Jennifer Anniston dans Friends. K, j'y étais à la rencontre...

3 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

Um I hope you come to the thing this afternoon! I totally want to see this new haircut!

1:42 PM  
Blogger K. said...

Oops...that's embarrassing......

10:33 AM  
Blogger Karine said...

Don't worry about it. Just think Tracy Chapman as my date last night called it...

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home