Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hell has frozen over/Un enfer de glace...

Français plus bas




Well, here’s the cotton sock!!! Ok, it’s not exactly the one I was working on with the straight needles. After I finished the first one, I ripped it out. I’m not going to blame the design because the picture looks great, maybe I did something wrong. So I decided to stick to what I know and redo the socks on DPNs. On a bitterly cold Saturday, I took a trip to Wal–Mart. Walked from the metro station to the store and you know that feeling (or lack thereof) you get when you get a shot of novocaine in your teeth? Who needs drugs when Mother Nature can do it for free…



Anyway, I found this lot (except for the last set, they were part of a lot of needles I got from a friend who was clearing her grand-mother’s apartment). What I love? The metallic click when I shook the box, yes, I’m one of the few who like metal, it knits fast and my hands have gotten used to the cramp one gets when knitting for far too long. On the other hand, they only come in sets of four. But at least the straight socks where not a total loss, I used the same short row pattern for the toe. I actually wanted that seam along the toe. So I guess I learned something new this week.



Voici une des chaussettes sur lesquelles je travaillais… OK, bon ce n’est pas tout à fait vrai. Après avoir terminé la première chaussette, je l’ai défait car je n’aimais le produit fini. Je ne blâme pas le patron, je crois que j’ai dû me gourrer quelque part. J’ai donc décidé de refaire les chaussettes sur des aiguilles à double pointes. Donc, par un samedi glacial, j’ai été faire un tour chez Wal-Mart et j’ai trouvé ces ensembles (excepté le dernier, j’en ai hérité après qu’une amie ait fait le ménage chez sa grand-mère). Ce que j’aime, le fait qu’ils soient en aluminium. Je suis de celles qui aiment ce genre d’aiguilles, ça tricote vite et je me suis habituées aux crampes que l’on a lorsqu’on tricote trop longtemps. Par contre, ils ne viennent qu’en ensemble de quatre. Mais au moins, j’ai pu récupérer la méthode de rangées courtes pour travailler le bout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home