Friday, January 27, 2006

De retour après la pause/Pardon the interruption

Français plus bas



I get away from the Internet for about week and I miss a couple of knit meets and because I missed a Sunday, I once again missed the AmiAmi lady. So annoyed. But I've kept myself busy in the mean time, I started and nearly finished a McCall pencil skirt with a box pleat at the hem (stretch denim and Chinese brocade inside de box pleat. I just have to finish the hem. It was supposed to be done by hand but it’s denim and I figured I could get away with topstitching it and besides, the average person wouldn’t tell. I still have to finish the brocade inlay by hand anyway but it otherwise it still looks good. It will be much loved when the temperature gets warmer (ok, closer to the freezing point or warmer…)

In progress: The short sleeve sweater has been taken out of hiatus. I’d been procrastinating on the sleeves but now I got the ball rolling. Should be done before the end of the week… The embossed leaf socks are done! I just have to do the finishing and hand them over to my sis. Picture to follow…Should scout some yarn for another project but don’t know what yet.


Je me suis éloigné de l’Internet que quelques jours et j’ai manqué 2 recontre de tricot en plus de d’avoir manqué la madame qui vend le fil AmiAmi. Cependant, je n’ai pas chômée pendant tout ce temps, je me suis fait une jupe droite McCall avec un pli creux dans l’ourlet (en denim stretch et une brocade chinoise dans le fond du pli.) Il ne me reste qu’à terminer l’ourlet. Il devrait être fait à la main mais vu que c’est du denim, je me suis dit que je pouvais le surpiquer pour faire plus vite et de toute façon, la moyenne des gens n’y verrait que du feu…Tout de même, je l’ourlet des morceaux en brocade doit être fait à la main. Ma jupe sera très appréciée lorsque la température sera plus clémente (plus proche du point de congélation…)

En construction : J'ai recommencé à travailler sur le chandail à manches courtes. Je tergiversais à travailler sur les manches mais j'ai finalement pris le taureau par les cornes…J’ai fini les chaussettes!!! Enfin, il ne me reste que la finition et par la suite, je les remettrai à ma sœur. Photo à suivre…Faudrait vraiment que j’aille me chercher du fil à tricoter mais je ne sais pas encore ce que je voudrais faire.

1 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

The skirt looks really hot Karine! I also missed the AmiAmi call, I hope that she comes back soon! Hope to see you soon!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home