Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Special delivery/Livraison spéciale


So I'm writing a tute tonight when my door rings. I expected to be sold some chocolate but it was a million times better! A while back Peacock posted this gorgeous Central Park hoodie and said that she had too much yarn left over. I told her to name her price for it, jokingly... of course. Well, next thing I knew she asked me for my address and the mailman dropped it off tonight. I expected a plastic bag with the yarn in it but no, it was this cute pouch with the yarn (in a plastic that wouldn't let go) along with this cute little box with two little buttons (not the real word but I can't remember right now). I just hope that I'll give something as lovely in return...

Alors que j'écrivais un message blogue à publier (comment est-ce qu'on traduit "to post"?), quelqu'un a sonné à ma porte. Je m'attendais à ce qu'on me propose du chocolat mais non, c'était le facteur avec un colis et sans même voir de qu'il venait, je savais déjà ce qu'il contenait, du moins en partie. Mais reprenons l'histoire du début. Il y quelque temps, la blogueuse Peacock chic avait affiché le Central Park hoodie qu'elle avait fait et disait avoir acheté trop de laine. Je lui ai alors dit de me nommer son prix afin que je l'en soulage et imaginez-vous donc qu'elle m'écrivait pour me demander mon addresse et voilà comment je suis devenue la récipendaire de ce que je pensais être simplement un sac avec du fil à tricot mais non, il y avait cet adorable pochette qui contenait le sac qui refusait de libérer la laine, en plus il y avait aussi cette petite boite qui contenait deux macarons. Je sais déjà ce que je voudrais le donner en échange comme remerciement, j'espère que l'échange sera équitable.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Snarsh said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Snarsh said...

Sorry posted too fast on the last one:

I think the word you're looking for might be Badge. But we do you button as well. For instance I have a button-maker, and it's essential a badge maker.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! glad you liked it! Funny that you would say button.

In my Pic-A-Knit game we had a game where you had to produce items as quickly as you can from you knitting bag. One of the items was a button. At least 12 shirt buttons produced when I was talking a "pin" which is what everyone say this was. So tricky English, you never can win when (see...win, when...errr) we use the same words to mean so many things. Oh well, pin, button, badge...glad you liked them :O)

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buttons or pins. Definitely. At least in Florida.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Amina said...

Coucou Karine. Cet ete, je me remets au tricot et au crochet donc je viendrai tres souvent pour avoir des idees et surtout pour apprendre des nouveaux points de couture! fais tu des demonstrations par video par hasard? portes toi bien :)

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home