Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bathroom shot/Scène de toilette

It's been a while since I've done a bathroom shot. In my quest to find a hat that goes nicely with nappy hair I decided to make this kerchief. I didn't write the pattern, I used Kitschy Kerchief from the first Stitch and Bitch book . I substituted the yarn sport weight yarn for this superchunky Debbie Bliss I ripped from the Kublah Kahn hat I mad last year and that is no longer suitable with my afro. I was worried that it wouldn't look good when it would be done but it's actually nice. The other changes I made beside the yarn is that I made a two stitch twist along the edges and I used a sewn bind-off for the finishing. I like it, I will wear it.

In WIP news here's the poncho I've been working on, I took it with me to visit London where I worked on it in the evening watching the BBC in the hostel's common room and during the flights. Did I forget to tell you that I lost a pair of scissors thanks to all that terrorism hysteria?


I've also been making Mona's mystery sock. This is the third set of needles I've used. First I tried some flexible DPNs that were too blunt at such a small gauge, then I used a circ, it was fine but it was pain to slip the stitches back on the metal tip so finally I got these metal DPNs. I'm actually behind on the pattern, the second part of the instructions have come out and I'm still working on the cuff. I thought of making the pair on two circs but I didn't how complicated the st pattern would be so I chose to play it safe.

I've also made some progress on the Hundertwasser sock but not enough to take a pic.


Ça fait un bout de temps que je n'ai pas fait de photo dans ma toilette. Depuis que j'ai coupé mes cheveux l'hiver dernier, je suis en quête de me trouvé un couvre-chef qui aille bien avec mes cheveux courts. J'ai donc décidé de me faire ce foulard à partir d'un modèle dans le livre Stitch and Bitch. J'ai substitué la laine exigé pour celui que j'ai récupéré de mon chapeau Kubla Kahn que j'ai fait l'an dernier, chapeau qui ne va pas avec ma tête cet hiver. J'avais peur que celui-ci non plus fasse l'affaire mais heureusement ce n'est pas le cas. J'ai aussi ajouté une torsade le long du bord du foulard et j'ai utilisé un rabat cousu pour faire la finition. J'aime bien et je le porterai.

Voici le poncho sur lequel je planche. Je l'avais amené avec moi à Londres et je l'ai tricoté en écoutant la BBC dans la salle commune de l'auberger où je restais et aussi durant les vols. Vous ai-je dit que j'ai perdu une paire de ciseaux à cause de l'hystérie anti-terroriste?


Je travaille aussi sur les chaussettes mystère que de Mona. Ceux-ci sont le troisième ensemble d'aiguilles que j'utilise, les premières étant des doubles pointes ayant un bout trop arrondi pour glisser facilement dans les mailles et le second étant une aiguille circulaire dont it n'était pas aisé de passer les mailles du fil à l'aiguille et ça devenait lassant. J'avais penser faire les deux chaussettes en même temps sur deux aiguilles circulaires mais comme je n'avais pas idée de la complexité des points à venir j'ai préféré ne pas prendre de risque.

J'ai aussi fait du progrès avec les chaussettes Hundertwasser mais pas assez pour en prendre une photo.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Virtuous said...

AAh so good to see ya Karine! And that you are knitting away!

LOL @ been awhile at bathroom shot! :oD

8:19 PM  
Blogger Cas... said...

Lovely kerchief! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see your next FO!

9:17 AM  
Blogger ColeyBugg said...

Thank, for the idea. If your nappy hair is a big as my nappy hair then keeping the head warm can be....uh challenging!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home