Thursday, September 20, 2007

Life is still unfair/La vie est encore injuste

So I signed on the purchase agreement on Monday, here I was high as a kite on Tuesday when out of the blue, I find out that one of my ex-boyfriends has been diagnosed with cancer. To know that someone that was so close to me is so ill is such a shock that I can't stop thinking about it. At first I was afraid to call because he has a new girl but then everyone told me I should and that strenghtened my resolve to call him. I heard it was his liver, bad enough, turns out it's his colon and it has spread to his liver and lungs which means no surgery can fix that. He's barely responding to chemo so the next step will be radiation. He's TWO years younger than I am! Ugh. I was so busy finding the words to say that I forgot to ask if I could go see him. I will call him back to ask.

J'ai signé le contrat d'achat lundi et alors que je flottais encore sur mon nuage, j'ai appris mardi qu'un de mes ex est atteint du cancer. Le fait de savoir que quelqu'un qui a été si proche de moi soit si malade me touche très profondément et je n'arrête pas d'y penser depuis que je l'ai su. Au début j'avais peur de l'appeller parce qu'il a une nouvelle copine mais le faitde me le faire dire par tout le monde m'a encouragé à décrocher le téléphone. J'avais entendu que c'était son foie, en fait il s'agit de son colon et lorsqu'on lit les facteurs de risque, il n'en avait aucun. La maladie ne répond pas à la chimio et si ça continue ce sera la radiothérapie, la chirurgie étant hors de question pour lui vu que le cancer a fait une métastase et est rendu dans son foie et ses poumons. Il n'a que DEUX ans de moins que moi. J'étais si occupée à essayer de trouver les mots à dire que j'ai oublié de lui demander si je pouvais passer le voir. Je le rappellerai pour ce faire.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Oh my God I'm so sorry. Je sais comment tu te sens (ma soeur a eu le cancer). I'm keeping you and your friend in my thoughts.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wishing you and your friend the strength to get through this.

12:25 AM  
Blogger K. said...

I'm so sorry...sending some good thoughts your ways...

4:45 PM  
Blogger WineGrrl said...

I am so sorry about your friend....

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home