Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Roses

I have absolutely no talent when it comes to plants except for killing them. I've always said that my garden would consist of gravel and whatever plant required the least (as in no) attention from me whatsoever. Yet somehow my flower bed is doing quite well without me, no watering not fertilizing, nothing aside from cutting the blooms off when they die off. Normally, I cut down my rose bush on the right (that I inherited when I bought the condo) as soon as the frost warnings where over. This year I waited until the week before I took off for Borden and that seems to have gone over quite well, look at all those blooms! I never water my plants. I was pretty sure that the two roses plants on the left would not make it through the winter, I mean I did buy them at Zellers (big box, Wal-Mart type store).

So, inspired by Nadine's pics, I decided that now would be a good time to practice using my camera's macro setting and I must say I'm surprised it did such a decent job! Too bad I can't experience the sweet smell coming from my rustic rose bush.


Je n'ai aucun talent pour le jardinage mis à part de tuer mes plantes. J'ai toujours dit que mon jardin idéal consisterait en un sol en gravier et des plantes qui requièrent à peu près aucun soin de ma part. Je ne sais pas comment mais mon parterre semble très bien se porter, aucun arrosage, pas de fertilisant, rien à part de couper les fleurs qui auront trépassées. En tant normal je taille mon rosier à droite (que j'ai hérité en achetant le condo) dès la fin de gel au sol mais cette année j'ai attendu jusqu'à la dernière semaine d'avril et cela semble avoir été la meilleur chose à faire, regardez moi toutes ces grapes de fleur! J'avoue que je ne croyais pas que les deux rosiers à gauche passeraient l'hiver vu que je les ai acheté chez Zellers (grand magasin général).

Inspirée par les belles photos de Nadine, j'ai donc décidé d'utiliser le mode macro de ma caméra. Je suis étonnée qu'elle ait fait un si beau boulot. Dommage que vous ne puissiez sentir mon rosier rustique.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home