Saturday, January 27, 2007

Thrumming along/Ça s'en vient

Français plus bas

It hasn't progressed much since the last time you say? Actually, I started over. I was working on thumb gusset when I realized that the pattern was annoying to work with (too many confusing instructions) and I was rapidely running out of roving (I thought) and I was using to many big chunks so I let'er rip. Once I realized that a thrum mitt is essentially an oversized mitt with roving inside, I simply created my own. And create is a strong word, that's like casting on for a sock and simply using your personnal experience to make it up as you go along, using my hand as a guide. I decided on a simple unlined ribbed cuff because I like to have my coat's sleeve's cuff go over the top of the cuff of my gloves in order to cut out the cold air. And I've reused the roving randomly. 'Tis all for for now.

Vous trouvez que ça n'a pas progressé depuis la dernière fois? Au contraire, ce ne sont pas les même mitaines, je les ai recommencé. Pourquoi? Bien le modêle qui venait avec le fil est trop flou à mon goût, et je trouvais que j'allais manqué de laine mêche. Lorsque je me suis rendu compte que la mitaine feutrée est tout simplement une mitaine surdimensionnée avec la laine mêche à l'intérieur, j'ai largué le modèle et ai créé le mien. Par créé je veux dire que j'ai tout simplement utilisé mon expérience pour faire la mitaine, en utilisant ma main comme guide de mesure. J'ai décidé de faire une simple côte pour la poignée parce que je préfère avoir la poignée des manches de mes manteaux par dessus mes gants afin de couper l'air froid. Auss, j'ai réutilisé la laine mêche de façon aléatoire. Et c'est tout.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

These really look interesting - although I'm not experienced enough to understand the "thrumming" "roving" bit - but I like the colourway. Lol - and the nifty thing is the images you're posting - with the wool fringing the mittens it reminds me of a lion's mane. Great piece. I'm looking forward to seeing these finished.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home