Thursday, January 18, 2007

New goodies/Livraison spécial

Français plus bas

For those of you who know what I was talking about in the last post, move on to the next paragraph. In England, there's a parallel world where witches and wizards live. About 16-17 years ago, the most evil of wizards terrorized the land and amongst his misdeads, he tried to kill a baby boy (there's a reason for that) but his mom put herself in the path of the spell and she died (along with the kid's dad). 11 years later the kid went to a school for wizards where he encountered a nightmare ofa teacher, Professor Snape. He has many fault, bad temper and greasy hair being the some of them, but the worst offense is the fact that back in the day, he was part of the evilest wizard's gang, and now there's some debate as to wether or not he's actually seen the error of his ways or if he's a double agent. I side with the T-shirt.

As predicted, I got my books today, if fact I could have gotten them yesterday if I had been home and not working. So, it's official, when ordering books from Indigo, don't bother paying the extra 4$ for ExpressPost, the package will get in within the week, at least for me anyway. To get them any faster I may as well go to the store and get them myself and pay the higher price of the books. Look at that cabled sweater, mmmm, cabled sweater...

Funny thing is though, now that the weather is finally closer to seasonal, my mind is already thinking of spring and summer. Even though I've finally started on a new bag (more on that below) I've already found on Craftster another I'll be rocking this summer. I love it, so lady like and easy to do...

Speaking of summer sruff, the yarn fairy came by the knit meet with her stuff. I'd already seen the sock yarn (yumm) and although the Ozark Handspun had gorgeous colourways, it wasn't my cup of of tea. No, I fell in love with the Ecoknit yarns, made of 100% organic cotton. I loved the sage coulour. Actually I loved the olive too but I've decided to give green, even of another shade, a break for now. I thought I'd make a summer sweater out of it but I have to say I liked wearing a light cotton scarf last summer and I may make a lace scarf out of it. Oh the possibilities... But what most likely will happen is I'll buy the yarn and it will join my stash where it will wait for me to find a project for it. And I have no problem with that.

One trait I've gotten from my mom is a love of bags. I used to make fun of her collection until I realized I was buying a new one every season. But what I really love is making them. Why? Because they are a pain in the rear end to make but I love the challenge. As for the bag I' m currently working on, it will be a doozy. Here's part of the pattern. The outer shell will be in khaki, the stripe fabric will be the lining and the heavy canvas will be the interlining. And yes, I've found a use for the Marimmekko poppies. The cursed screams you'll be hearing will be me.


Tel que prévu, j'ai été cherché les livres au bureau de poste cet après-midi, je les aurais même eu hier si j'avais été à la maison. Donc, je ne paierai jamais les 4$ pour la livraison rapide, je ne les aurais pas reçus plus vite. Pour ce faire il aurait tout simplement fallu que j'aille les chercher moi-même au magasin et payer plus cher pour les livres. Regardez ce chandail torsadé, mmm...

Maintenant que la température semble vouloir être de saison, je commence déjà à penser au printemps et l'été. Bien que je commence un nouveau sac, plus là-dessus plus loin, j'ai déjà trouvé sur Craftster mon prochain sac pour l'été. J'adore, très féminin, très facile à faire.

Parlant de vêtement d'été, la fée du tricot est passé faire son tour à la rencontre d'hier avec ses produits. J'avais déjà vu les fils pour chaussettes (miamm) et les Ozark Handspun (filé à la main) et bien qu'ils aient de très belles couleurs, ce ne sont pas mon truc. Non, je suis tombée en amour avec les fils de 100% coton organique Ecoknit. J'adore la couleur sauge et oui j'aime aussi l'olive mais j'essaie de tempérer le vert pour l'instant. Je pensais en faire un chandail estival mais j'aime bien aussi l'idée de faire un foulard en dentelle tricotée. Tant de possibilités. Mais ce qui arrivera probablement est que j'achèterai le fil et il ira rejoindre les autres en attente de projet. Et ce sera tout aussi bien comme ça.

S'il est un trait que j'ai hérité de ma mère est son amour de tout ce qui est bourse, sacoches, fourre-tout et autres sacs à main. Je riais de sa collection de sacs à mains jusqu'à ce que je me rende compte que j'en achetais à chaque saison. Mais maintenant j'adore encore plus de les faire. Pourquoi? Parce qu'ils sont d'une difficulté inouïe et celui-ce me fera rager. L'extérieur sera fait du tissu khaki, le rayé en sera la doublure et la toile en sera l'entoilage. Voici le patron pour le devant. Et oui, j'utiliserai aussi les fleurs Marimmekko. Les jurons que vous entendrai seront les miens.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home