Monday, October 09, 2006

Magknits

While I'm still sorting things out with HP's customer service (I'm actually suprised how well things are going, I have to call Brown to pick up the defective item for an exchange, at the price of the camera I would have been surprised if they'd actually repair it), so while I wait for that, I'm currently fantasizing about knitting projects for this fall. I have to say that I love this sleeveless tunic in this month's Magknits and not just because it was designed by a sister. I love the crown cable detail though I think I may have too much rear end for that. Also, I've been frantically searching for simple green pullover, I've a seen a few about town and yet somehow they can't be found in a store anywhere so I'll probably make one, I've already found the yarn on Knitpicks.com. I really want a real shade of green, not evergreen, not khaki, and certainly not mint but I guess I have to make do with what I'll find. I know it's Socktoberfest but I'm not really feeling it although I may make a pair of pink socks to go with my new pair of white and pink detail sneakers. And I still have nearly a skein of Rowan Big wool, can't decide if I want to make a pair of gauntlet or another hat, oooooh maybe with cables...

En attendant que je règle mes histoires avec le service à la clientèle de HP (en fait c'est surprenant que les choses aillent si bien, demain je dois appeler Mr LeBrun pour qu'il vienne chercher l'item défectueux pour faire un échange), donc en attendant que ça se règle, je suis à fantasmer sur des projets de tricots pour cet automne. Tout d'abord, je dois dire que j'adore cette tunique sans manches chez Magknits et pas seulement parce qu'elle a été créée par une sister. J'aime bien les torsades à l'ourlet quoique j'ai peut être un peu trop de train arrière pour ça. Ensuite, cela fait quelque temps que je suis à la recherche d'un simple chandail vert (pas khaki, pas vert forêt ou menthe) mais je suis incapable d'en trouver en magasin bien que j'en ai vu quelques se promener en ville et donc je probablement m'en faire un, j'ai déjà trouvé la laine sur Knitpicks.com. Nous sommes en plein Socktoberfest mais honnêtement j'ai pas trop envie de faire un paire de chaussettes quoique je pourrais m'en faire une paire en rose pour aller avec ma nouvelle paire de soulier blanc avec des détails roses. Il me reste encore presque une balle entière de Rowan Big Wool, je ne sais pas si je voudrais faire une paire de gants sans doigts ou encore une autre tuque, peut être avec des cables...

2 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

OoOh! Gauntlets to go with the hat! That could be nice... but so could the cables...hmm...I see your dilemma...

10:28 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

I like that tunic pattern, too -- I was thinking of using it for a simple round-neck vest, without the longer cabled part.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home