Saturday, July 12, 2008

Peacock Chic

Yes I'm still knitting but not for myself. That little some'umm some'umm for Véronik is proving a bit more challenging (read I messed up) so while I work on to make sure that I hand it on time, my own stuff is on the back burner. But today, Monique aka the Peacock Chic is in town, along with her friend Virginia, for a bit of travelling (as opposed to vacationing, a disctinction I taught her today) and I took it upon myself to take her to Montreal's fabric mecca (St-Hubert St North of Jean-Talon) followed by a tour of three our best LYSes ie Effiloché (where the labelwhore was nice enough to be himself), Ariadne and Mouliné. I'm just happy that she managed to find stuff at our stops.

Oui je tricote toujour mais pas pour moi-même. Le truc que je fais pour Véronik Avery s'avère un peu plus coriace que prévu (en d'autre mots je me suis fourvoyée) et donc là je me dépèche à travailler là-dessus pour remettre ça à temps et donc, je dois metre mes trucs de côté. Mais pas aujourd'hui. Monique, aussi appelée la Peacock Chic, est en ville avec son amie Virginia et je me suis portée volontaire pour lui faire le tour des magasins de tissus de la rue St-Hubert (au nord de la rue Jean-Talon) suivi de Effiloché (où la pute de luxe a eu la gentillesse d'être fidèle à lui-même), Ariadne et finalement Mouliné. Je suis contente qu'elle ait trouvé de quoi acheter à chaque arrêt.

Somehow whenever I come to St-Hubert St in the summer it always seems to be when a sidewalk sale is going on. Here we have a percussion group performing.

On dirait qu'à chaque fois que je me rend sur la rue St-Hubert l'été, c'est toujours au moment où il y a une ventre trottoir. Ici un groupe de percussion en spectacle.

I know, I know, my camera is craptastic. Here we are at Effiloché with Ginette, it's owner.

Je sais, je sais, ma caméra est à ch***. Nous voici chez Effiloché avec Ginette son propriétaire.

Monique with the Ariadne Girls (and fellow trekkers it turns out) Molly Ann and future mommy Mary.

Monique avec les filles d'Ariadne (et amatrices de Star Trek) Molly Ann et la future maman Mary.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Virtuous said...

OOOh!! I am so glad you both got to meet!! I love e-friend meet ups! :o)
Can't wait to read about her travels on her blog when she returns.

And please break down traveling vs. vacationing for me!! ;o)

Glad all is well with you there!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Ali P said...

Mary is pregnant!!? Holy S%^$!!!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home