Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sex!/Sexe!

Now that I have your attention, don't worry, no spoilers here.

OK, jokes aside, were you among the many chicks (and occasional dudes) who checked out the movie this weekend? My friends and I (four of us in fact) did so last night. We were all dressed up for it, though in our defense we were going out afterwards (thanks to the movie's end time it meant I only spent a couple of hours in the bar). I've never seen so many women at the movies before and I was at The Devil Wears Prada like on the first night it showed.

So the movie. I liked it. It kinda had the feel of an extended episode and you could tell the budget was clearly on a grand scale (or more likely designers were more willing to land stuff). Other than that I can't say much without revealing anything. I'm still a bit peeved that I saw the TV ad during Grey's Anatomy season finale, it revealed a couple of plot points because until then, I didn't know much about the story. So, if you're a fan of the show, I do recommend it.

Today, in spite of the rain, I went to Effiloché to get a thank you gift for the generous Peacock who sent me the luscious yarn last month. It was also a chance to see the Labelwhore again, he was peeved that I checked out SATC without him though we may catch up this Friday. While I got the stuff I picked Kate Gilbert's Wintergreen mitts pattern for myself along with a couple of skeins of Ultra Alpaca from Berroco. As soon as I let go of the book I'm currently reading I will get started on these. About time too that I get back in the saddle again. If you've never been to that store I suggest you check it out, it's slowly turning into Montreal answer to Purl, the NYC yarn and fabric store. They recently added Kaffe Fassett and Amy Butler fabrics to their inventory. They were also supposed to get her patterns too but I forgot to ask if they got it.

Maintenant que j'ai votre attention n'ayez crainte, je ne révèlerai pas des détails du film ici.

Blagues à part, étiez-vous des nombreuses filles (et quelques garçons) à avoir vu le film ce weekend? Mes amies et moi (nous étions quatre en fait) l'avons vu hier soir, toutes empitounées que nous étions car nous allions sortir tout de suite après (heureusement, ça ma permis de ne passer que deux heures dans le bar). Je n'ai jamais vu autant de filles dans un cinéma et pourtant j'étais là à la première soirée du Diable S'habille en Prada.

Donc le film. J'ai aimé. On aurait dit une version allongé d'une épisode télé et on peut voir que le budget était plus substantiel (ou du moins, il y a eu plus de designers qui ont prêté des trucs pour le film). Je ne peux en révéler plus sans donner de détails du film. Je suis encore fâchée du fait que dans le dernier épisode de Dr Grey ont y a passé une publicité qui révèle trop de détails du film parce que jusque là, j'avais réussi à l'éviter. Donc, si vous êtes une fan de la série, je le recommande.

Aujourd'hui, malgré la pluie, j'ai été faire un tour chez Effiloché pour aller chercher un cadeau de remerciement ma généreuse donatrice de laine de tricot. J'en aussi profité pour dire bonjour à la pute de luxe qui était faché que je n'aille pas voir Sexe à New York avec lui mais on s'est promis de se rattraper ce vendredi. Je me suis acheté ce patron de Kate Gilbert pour ces mitaines Wintergreen ainsi que l'Ultra Alpaca de Berroco pour le faire. Sitôt que je lâcherai le livre que je lis présentement, Gin Tonic et Concombre de Raphaël Germain, je m'y mettrai, il est à peu près temps que je recommence à tricoter. Si vous n'avez jamais mis les pieds dans ce magasin vous devriez aller y faire un tour, on y trouve maintenant des tissus Kaffé Fassett et Amy Butler. Je sais que Ginette (la proprio) voulait y tenir les patrons de cette dernière mais j'ai oublié de demander si elle les avait reçu. De plus en plus il devient la version montréalaise de la boutique Purl à New York qui vend du nécessaire à tricot ainsi que de couture.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Virtuous said...

The movie was FAB!! I really enjoyed it too and will add it to my SATC collection!

I went in the middle of the morning to avoid the crowd and it was still nice and cozy in there!

Great mitts! And so nice of you to send Peacock a TY present. Luv her!

Good to hear from you Karine! :o)

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee HEE presents!! Can't wait.

Also, I didn't know you were in Montreal!! Guess where I cam visiting in July!! Yup, Montreal. Me and a friend are doing a mini vacation. You will have to tell me where all the fabulous yarn and fabric stores are. Can't wait to visit your town :O)

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home