Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Burda 7872

T-shirt aux manches trois quart et taille empire avec ceinture et col tombant

Patron: Burda 7872
Tissu: Jersey chocolat extensible dans les deux sens

Temps requis: 2 soirées


Si vous vous rappelez, je voulais faire une blouse que j'avais vu dans une émission de télé et je l'ai finalement fait. Ce patron est assez similaire même si ce n'est pas une copie exacte. Cela ne m'a pris que deux soirées à faire et ceci inclus le fait que j'ai du modifié le patron ainsi la coupe du tissu.


J'ai aussi décidé d'adopter un descriptif un peu plus technique pour présenter mes projets finis, j'en emprunter cette structure de Lint Knitter.

Point positifs: Ce modèle est assez facile à confectionner, je n'ai même pas suivit les instructions si ce n'est qu'un coup d'oeil sur les illustrations pour assembler les empiècements du haut et du bas. Je pensait que le col était beaucoup plus grand que l'encolure mais une vérification me fit voir que c'était moi qui était dans le champ. En plus d'avoir été rapide à faire, je l'ai presque entièrement assemblé avec ma surjetteuse (machine à overlock), je n'ai utilisé ma machine à coudre que pour faire les ourlets.

Points négatifs: Il n'y a pas tant que ça, je me suis fait croire pendant un instant que je pouvait utilisé la taille 8 en entier mais la raison a tôt fait de me ramener à l'ordre. J'ai donc retracé les lignes de coupe pour utiliser la taille 8 pour le haut et 14 pour le bas (merci papa et maman). Je pourrais dire que je regrette de ne pas avoir fait une finition plus soignée pour l'ourlet des manches vu qu'il parait. J'aurais dû utiliser le point de surjet plus serré qu'on emploie parfois sur les mouchoirs.

L'horreur: cliquez sur la photo du modèle dans mon message précédent et regarder le col de près. Il a été assemblé en mettant l'endroit du col sur l'envers du T-shirt et vraiment comme finition c'était horrible et le col n'a pas assez de volume que la couture soit toujours caché. Si mes piles n'avaient pas lâché hier j'en aurais pris une photo avant de corriger ça mais je ne voulais pas attendre. Au lieu de défaire le col pour le réassembler, J'ai préféré replier le col vers l'extérieur et faire une surpiqure à 5 mm du bord, ce qui donne finalement une couture anglaise (croyez-le ou non, on appelle ça une couture française en anglais...)


Three quarter sleeve T-Shirt with Empire waist, funnel collar and a belt

Pattern: Burda 7872
Fabric: Two way stretch Chocolate Jersey knit
Time required: 2 evenings





If you remember a while back, I wanted to make top much like one I had seen on a TV show and I've finally done it. This pattern is pretty close without being an exact match to it. It's only taken a couple of evenings to make and that includes the modification I made to the pattern and cutting the pieces in the fabric.

I've also decided to be more technical in my project description and since I like the way Lint Knitter does hers, I've borrowed her way of doing it.

Positives: This was a very easy project, I didn't even follow the pattern instructions if only to have quick look at the illustrations to see how it was assembled. I thought the collar was too big for the opening but after a double check I realized that I was wrong. This T-shirt (I don't know how else to call this top) was, as stated above, is a quick one to do, it was mostly put together with my overlock machine, I only used my sewing machine to topstitch the hems.

Negatives: Not much really save for that though or a split second I did convince myself that I could cut out just one size but reason came back quickly . I used a size 8 for the top and a size 14 for the bottom (thank you mom and dad). I also kind of regret not doing a neater finish at the sleeve's hem since it shows so much. I should have use an handkerchief rolled hem. For the same reason I will probably redo the collar's hem because I don't like the fact that when it rolls over you can see the overlock stitch and I find that is give it a cheap look.

The horror: Click on the picture in my previous post and take a close look at the collar. It was assembled with it's right side against the wrong side of the T-shirt so you can clearly see the seam on the outside and it was the same for me. I thought that the collar had enough volume to hide it but it was not the case. If my batteries hadn't died yesterday I would have taken a picture before I fixed but I didn't want to wait that long. I simply folded the collar out and topstitched at a ¼ inch from the edge, sandwiching the overlock seam. If my camera had better resolution I would show you what I mean because there a part that wasn't completely taking in the seam but I think you may get the idea, basically I did a French seam (in one of those unexplained linguistic twists, it is called an English seam in french...).




Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

Hot hot hot!!!!!!!! You look goooooooood!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Mozilla said...

ahh thanks for the compliment Karine. Love the top! The sleeve fair is right up my alley. Great job

7:59 PM  
Blogger Berry said...

You did great alterations to that top, it's really nice and fits you like a glove!

6:13 AM  
Blogger PAJNSTL said...

Very cute!!! I made have to add this to my to do list!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous mary j said...

sizzle lady! i agree with K, you look damn good!!

3:27 PM  
Blogger urbanknitrix said...

Dang I wish I knew how to sew!!!! Great top and color.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home